Any chance of Coby realeasing the firware fo 7022?

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
What do you think? They released the firmware for the XX24 series, but the 7022 still shows as "Coming Soon" on their webpage. Will they ever release it so we can get some custom roms going?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Amazon still shows this tablet as pre-order. I am assuming once it is "officially" released it will also be released. I hope soon

Sep 17, 2011
Its been available in the retail chain for quite some time, I would not rate its release solely on Amazon's website =) Both Best Buy and Toys r Us have been selling them for a while since June or so. As far as Rom releases, I suppose you may be able to gauge that by the last revision model on a time frame.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Its been available in the retail chain for quite some time, I would not rate its release solely on Amazon's website =) Both Best Buy and Toys r Us have been selling them for a while since June or so. As far as Rom releases, I suppose you may be able to gauge that by the last revision model on a time frame.

heh so we won't have a release in months. It still says coming soon on cobys website so maybe toys r us and best buy were there test markets? Although I never saw it at a best buy just online?

Sep 17, 2011
Correct, and yes Best Buy never actually had shown it on the floor, but that is not uncommon, there are lots of retail stores that sell a significant amount of products that they never even stock on their floorspace locally. Walmart does the same thing, they have tons of electronics you cannot get in the store. Its all out of warehouse.