Any new android tablets coming out with retina display to challenge Ipad?

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
The retina display is going turn a lot of heads but i feel if an android tablet comes out soon with high retina resolution it will be a better deal.Andoid offers so much more including the all important sd card expansion slot.Hopefully we will see this very soon.

Feb 21, 2012
Hahahah.. Definitely not.. Rerina display means the pixel density is around or more than 300 ppi.. Hmm.. I think the most probable might be Samsung tablet or Asus, but not in the near future..

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Cant imagine no company is going to take on Apple retina display hype.When they come out they will dominate the market unless Android shows them how to do it with all the freedom of an android device.

Feb 21, 2012
The Samsung SAMOLED display is excellent, but is another matter with the Apple retina display. The SAMOLED doesn't have anything to do with the resolution. But the technology being used is the organic light electrode diode, which is different from normal LCD.. I think the new iPad still uses LCD technology on the display (correct me if I am wrong), albeit its resolution is much higher than the highest resolution of a Samsung GTab (260 something of new iPad compared with 7.7's 196 ppi).

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
The samoled is the technology that will soon be changing the flat panel industry when OLED sets begin to show up.hopefully some time this year.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
The Samsung SAMOLED display is excellent, but is another matter with the Apple retina display. The SAMOLED doesn't have anything to do with the resolution. But the technology being used is the organic light electrode diode, which is different from normal LCD.. I think the new iPad still uses LCD technology on the display (correct me if I am wrong), albeit its resolution is much higher than the highest resolution of a Samsung GTab (260 something of new iPad compared with 7.7's 196 ppi).

cheers, you are like a human wikipedia :)