Any of you guys had to return / exchange your NC ??

WatchFan1

Feb 1, 2011
At first I though that the random re-boots were being attributed to me rooting the NC.
(it was tough to compare if it was the rooting as I did that on 2nd day of ownership).

After a while this became worse as I noticed that my NC was shutting down or re-booting anytime
I touched the screen or just the frame in the upper left corner. I uninstalled the rooting and
reset the NC to factory setting (then updated to 1.1). The strange rebooting continued...

What was 1-2 x per evening happening turned into every 15-20 minutes annoyance.
After I called B&N customer service yesterday and some trouble shooting over the phone a conclusion
was made that my NC is faulty and they are sending me a new one (already have the tracking number)

I was wondering if there is any pattern for this problem or if you had to do a return / exchange for another reason ?

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
I haven't seen that and I even dropped mine. The corner where the volume buttons are, took the brunt of he fall. Everything still works.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I returned my first NC because of a smattering of dead pixels. The one I've got now has a "loose" casing and nearly as loud to hold as the sound of turning the page on a Kindle 2. I'm not ready to take it back, though. Once the official updates start coming back out, and/or Honeycomb is perfected, I'll update to a more solid device.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I haven't had any problems like these on my Nook. There are some imperfections where the plastic meets the glass, but not big enough to cause any issue. The constant rebooting could be a lot of things from hardware to corrupted internal memory. If you ever have to unroot again make sure you follow Vic's (Darmeens) guide to returning to stock to ensure you have a device with clean internal memory.