Any Photographers Here...??

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I just got my G-tab a few days ago and I'm loving it! Got to thinking about its usefulness to me (besides an ereader) and since I'm a photography hobbyist wondered if anyone has managed to load their photography software on their tab and get it to work or are you using Picasa or something lighter? :confused:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I actually work for one of the largest photography companies in the world and one of my real job duties is developing our next gen systems that will be using tablets. Right now I am using it as the display for some of our purpose built systems, as well as a review and sales support tool.

The Gallery on 2.3 integrates really well with Picasa too.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
That's cool to know! I would ultimately like to one day have the ability to load my pics onto my tab but that's not going to happen as it stands today. I'd need some kind of interface (card reader, for one) that can take the pics from my CF card. I also don't think I can load any of my current software (Canon, LR 3) on there very easily. It was just a thought... Would love to be able to use it as a viewer in the field, but I suppose that's what laptops are for.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
if you just want to view save ot share pics from your cam i have a sony cybershot mind you my tablet is rooted when i pluged my cam into the tablets usb using the host cable it mounted it as mass storage and with a file manager i can view them move them to my tablet or long press and post them to facebook or twitter and send them via email and there hi-res 14.1 megapixel pictures and 720p videos
hope this hels give it a shot

Sent from my MID7015A-Watery 1.2a Using Android Tablet Forum App

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
oh and there is a photo shop app in market but i havent played with it yet i think ill go do that now lol

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I do use the mobile Photoshop app, just for cropping and quick editing of mobile pics. It's great to know that you can off load your Cybershot - that answers my basic question. I guess any pics I take in .jpeg, might be able to use. I'll play with it tomorrow. For me to upload anything from my DSLR, there is one piece of software that I will need, so that the Tab and camera can talk to each other. I'll load it onto my sd card tomorrow and see what gives, though I suspect I won't be able to use it because it's not a mobile app. i guess I should pose the same question on my photography forum and see if anyone has done this.

Last edited:

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
the just checked my nikon D80 shows the pics on my tab you should try just connecting your cams usb to your tab see if it sees it as mass storage

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
I'm not a full-time photog, it's more of a side gig in addition to my career. But I'll plug my T2i into the tab later and report back. It should see it as mass storage.

As for Photoshop Mobile, I've been using it on my iPhone for a year, and it's okay, but on that platform, it pales in comparison to Photogene. I'll have to see what other android market apps there are (once I root the damned thing to get rid of ****ing handango...)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Canon Easyphotoprint is also fun around the house to quickly print to my photo printer from my tab gallery. Editing on the tab is much easier than on the phone.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Picsay Pro is the best photo editing on Android IMO ... has LOTS of features... much better than the photoshop app .. there is a free version that has some of the features... but the paid version is macked out with utilities...

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
This is a good discussion! I just realized that the first thing to do will be to find the appropriate cable to get from the camera to the Tab. I'll have to give it some thought - looks like it will be tricky.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
the just checked my nikon D80 shows the pics on my tab you should try just connecting your cams usb to your tab see if it sees it as mass storage

Eulogy69, what cable to you use to accomplish this?

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
This is a good discussion! I just realized that the first thing to do will be to find the appropriate cable to get from the camera to the Tab. I'll have to give it some thought - looks like it will be tricky.

Should just be the regular USB cable...plugs right into the USB port under the flap.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
my tablet has mini usb and came with a mini usb to full size usb cord i just pluged the cord that came with the cam into that then into the tab

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
OK, I'm slow... I didn't realize that there was the usb "A" side under the cover on the Tab... THAT was my dilemma. (I won't mention that I was a high level A/V tech for 11 yrs... I'll keep that part to myself...)

Well, so far it's not working for me. My Canon 40D is not registering with the Tab at all. Guessing I need the software.

Last edited: