any ram expander for a33 tablet?

boyam99

May 9, 2016
I'm looking for a working ram expander for a33 tablet.Roefsoft ram expander doesn't work.It says I need swap compatible kernal.The tablet is rooted

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Every "RAM Expander" app out there will require a swap-enabled kernel. This is because the app needs to leverage the kernel to transfer data out of memory and into the swap space. You will need to search and see if a swap-enabled custom kernel exists for your tablet. If the manufacturer provides source files for the kernel, a developer can make such a kernel.

boyam99

May 9, 2016
Every "RAM Expander" app out there will require a swap-enabled kernel. This is because the app needs to leverage the kernel to transfer data out of memory and into the swap space. You will need to search and see if a swap-enabled custom kernel exists for your tablet. If the manufacturer provides source files for the kernel, a developer can make such a kernel.
what about dragonface?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What about it? I don't use these apps on my current devices so I'm not familiar with the various apps. The one device that would have derived any benefit from it used zRAM instead.

You're simply going to have to try the app you named for yourself. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work because of the kernel.

boyam99

May 9, 2016
is it possible to modify the kernel from dragonface alone or do I need android kitchen?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Modifying a compiled kernel is very difficult, so you should have the source files. The manufacturers are supposed to provide them as the kernel falls under the GPL, but Chinese tablet makers usually don't bother.