Any rumors on 3.2...

jhelms4461

May 1, 2011
Motorola has already begun to roll out the update on its Xoom tablet, the company confirmed with CNET on Wednesday. Other tablet candidates for a 3.2 rollout include Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Acer's Iconia Tab 500, and Toshiba's Thrive.
Thought i heard a while back that the 18th August was a release date candidate ? would dearly like the sd card support !!!

HD87

May 14, 2011
Motorola has already begun to roll out the update on its Xoom tablet, the company confirmed with CNET on Wednesday. Other tablet candidates for a 3.2 rollout include Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Acer's Iconia Tab 500, and Toshiba's Thrive.
Thought i heard a while back that the 18th August was a release date candidate ? would dearly like the sd card support !!!
"ICONIA TAB A500/501 can upgrade to the operating system Android Android 3.2 Honeycomb version in the second half of August this year." No set date yet..

Jun 15, 2011
Still, good to know that its coming. I would love to try the PS3 Sixaxis app once 3.2 arrives. I know I could just install a ROM but I don't want to do that. I prefer the stock ROM. Anyone try it out yet?

ubmeibeu

Aug 10, 2011
If this question is in another thread please excuse me, does anyone know what the new features are going to be in release 3.2, i have a particular interest in the usb for importing photo's from my cf card using my card reader. I can view the pictures now with release 3.1 but i am still having issues trying to read them all of the time.
thx

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Reading the computer world blog linked above, I just hope Acer takes its time with 3.2 and does not follow xoom's example of acceptance of Google's half assed microSD implementation when you get read only access.

I love the ability to move files to the microSD with my filemanager.

And I hope a few of the more impatient types on this forum have learned their lesson with all the reports of bricked tablet and stop accusing Acer of dragging it's feet with beta testing.

There's not much coming in 3.2 anyway, so let's not be whining and nagging Acer to push it out the door half baked and brick even more tablets. And virtually every person who installed that leaked Chinese beta version had trouble getting the real version when it came OTA, (although most wouldn't admit it unless you directly asked them when they posted about OTA failures).

Let's give acer time to get it right this time around.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Reading the computer world blog linked above, I just hope Acer takes its time with 3.2 and does not follow xoom's example of acceptance of Google's half assed microSD implementation when you get read only access.

+1 I totally agree

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Update delayed until Aug. 25th
[h=6]Dear Fans, due to some policy changes from Google where Acer has to comply, the A500 Honeycomb 3.2 OTA update will be postponed to 25th August, we apologize for the dissapointments and upsets but we will be bringing the final and stable update to all of our A500 fans asap! Please be patient guys :)[/h]
Got this info from Acer Facebook
Acer Malaysia - Wall | Facebook

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
I got 3.2 last week or the week before (can't remember exactly) on my Transformer but still waiting on 3.2 for my Iconia. The new round cursor SUCKS! Other than that, I really didn't notice any other major differences. Seems like Acer is always about a month behind with their updates for whatever reason.

Batchman

May 14, 2011

In Germany, Morula just started rolling out 3.1 for the Xoom this week. So maybe I'll get 3.2 on my A 500 before the Xoom people get theirs, like with 3.1.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Update delayed until Aug. 25th
[h=6]Dear Fans, due to some policy changes from Google where Acer has to comply, the A500 Honeycomb 3.2 OTA update will be postponed to 25th August, we apologize for the dissapointments and upsets but we will be bringing the final and stable update to all of our A500 fans asap! Please be patient guys :)[/h]
Got this info from Acer Facebook
Acer Malaysia - Wall | Facebook

Does this mean no ice cream?