Any video chat for the MID7024 yet?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Just curious if someone knows of an app like Google Chat that will work with these? I downloaded a dialer, but can't get Google to work, so I was wondering if there was something else. I know I have seen threads where folks mentioned Skype doesn't work. What about Qik? Just curios. I would be nice to have a way to call home and chat with family over WiFi, all of our computers at home can do it and I wanted to take the tablet on a trip so I didn't have to carry on or check my laptop.

sicvolo

May 28, 2011
Skype works, but the current android version does not include video. If you want video try fring or ooVoo.
Let us know how it worked for you. I am a bit disappointed at the camera quality on Cobys

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
There is a modified skype 2.0.0.48 out but it works only one way, Kyros picture does not work

I tried a modded yahoo messenger , works but only B/W picture

Fring works but the colors are distorted

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

This is a bit late, but when I was first starting with my Gtablet, some fellow named "reelportal" posted on the XDA Gtablet forums asking for testers for a new system/app that he had developed named (naturally) "reelportal". That used Adobe Air, and it worked fine with the Gtablet, plus some others that I'd seen. At the time, there were a number of people looking for video chat, but nothing else was working exactly right (e.g., Yahoo Messenger video chat was showing the video on one end sideways).

The last time I was on the Gtablet forums, he was still posting occasionally, so you might want to check there, because I think that might just work ok on any tablets that could support Air.

Jim

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I should have updated this..sorry. I got a new Evo 3D and it has been occupying my time since it got ROOT! But the Qik app that comes on the Sprint Evo's works very well on the MID 7022. Since all of our family phones are Evos, 4G and my 3D, I put Qik on the 7022 so if you have wifi or tethered to a phone, love that root access, you can do video chat via the tablet.