Any way to block access to settings with password?

philharmonik

Dec 28, 2011
Hello!

Our company is starting to use tablets in the work environment. They have purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet model#1838. I have been asked to disable all the wireless, bluetooth, microphone and camera devices. This much I have figured out by using the XML file. Now there is no way they can use those devices. The only problem is, if we have a user that thinks he's slick and wants to try and re-enable these devices, all they would have to do is go into the settings and do a factory reset. This wipes all the XML configuration settings and they can use the devices again. My question is, how do I go about blocking access to that option so they can't mess around with the settings and do a factory reset? I have searched google and found no information on this. I've also submitted a thread on the Lenovo forums with no luck. I also looked on XDA, but the Lenovo is barely discussed over there. This tablet is running Honeycomb 3.1. If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :cool: