Any way to install the real Android Market on my Flytouch?

Johnny Mac

Apr 23, 2011
I have a 7 Inch Flytouch Android 2.2 Tablet with VIA 8650 CPU, TPGA-718 Plus Android Tablet. Is there any way to install the real Android Market on it?

Specs are as follows:
Model - WonderMedia WM8650
Android version - 2.2
Kernel version - 2.6.32.9-default
Build number - generic-eng 2.2 Froyo v1.2.1-20110325.195324

Last edited:

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
unless you alr4eady have an android phone thats associated with your google ID the actuall android market will not function properly. this is actually a short coming of the android market and not your tablet. There are great alternative markets though that install on your table=t (ive even purchased apps in addition to the freebies from them) Check them out as they have ALL 9of the regular market apps...check oout my apps thread in this forums for a list of suggest apps for your tablet.) the three markets i reccomend are Amazon app market, applanet, and slideME android market. You wont be dissappointed i promise.

Johnny Mac

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks VonSpyder. I already had "applanet". Good to know about slideME android market. Amazon is a piece of junk. It ask me to add a payment method for a FREE app. I already had payment method in my Amazon account. I could not add 1-click mobile because I have no phone number on my tablet. It's a tablet, not a phone???

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Thats strange, I had no problem adding amazon and using it. When was the last time you updated your payment option on amazon? Might want to check the settings you have there, or set up a new one. ALso as for the phone number, you can add any number in there. I added my skype number.

jrizal

May 25, 2011
unless you alr4eady have an android phone thats associated with your google ID the actuall android market will not function properly. this is actually a short coming of the android market and not your tablet. There are great alternative markets though that install on your table=t (ive even purchased apps in addition to the freebies from them) Check them out as they have ALL 9of the regular market apps...check oout my apps thread in this forums for a list of suggest apps for your tablet.) the three markets i reccomend are Amazon app market, applanet, and slideME android market. You wont be dissappointed i promise.

Android Market functions properly with my tablet after doing the market fix. Only way I can see installing the app market is by flashing the rom. Haven't tried using the apk though. :)