Anybody got more details about the Eken M001

ryanfitton

Jul 4, 2010
Hi there, i am looking to buy an Eken M001 tablet from eBay UK here: 7" Mini Tablet PC Netbook WiFi Touchscreen Mini Android on eBay (end time 09-Jul-10 13:47:34 BST)

But i can't find much information on it :/ i know it's cheap so it will probably not do much, basically i'm jsut wanting to get it and play around with it.

So if anyone has already got one or something similar would you be able to tell me much more about it, for example is it any good? does it support Adobe Flash (Because as far as i know it doesn't) and if anyone has made any videos about it :)

Many thanks, Ryan.
P.s. this is my first post :p I'm looking forward to becoming an active member on the forums :D

corgrath

Jul 5, 2010
Ive bought both the Eken M001 and the M003.

Without writing a long post, I wouldn't recommend them. the M003 is slightly faster, but both are pretty much unusable due to their 600/800Mhz and their screens are crazy slow.

I know its cheap, only 100 USD but I would recommend you getting another tablet. These are iPad clones (the eken m003 even came in the iPad box but they changed the a in iPad to e, so the box stated iPed) meaning they are cheap and the only way people will buy them is if they think "Oh, its like the iPad, but cheaper".

I sold mine a couple of days afterwards and feelt bad for selling them to innocent people.

So, no. I don't recommend the Eken tablets. Save your money and get another device.

ryanfitton

Jul 4, 2010
ohh okay thank you for your wise words of wisdom :p

I have got enough money to get a 3G iPad but, i'm just really putt off from them because of not flash support and usb support. But maybe apple will bring one out next year with USB support; but i highly doubt they will but Flash on them :/

I also wanted a tablet with Android on because of myself being a Web Developer and i highly praise the Android OS, but after seeing some videos on youtube of it being in use, i've kind of dropped the idea of getting one :) I will wait till later. I've seen the HP Slate but that's running Windows 7 so it wont be fast! :/ so i will just wait and see, they are quite new things made popular by the iPad and you see lots of companies jumping on the bandwagon lol :)