Anyone dump their smartphone and ust use an Android Tablet?

Waveraider

Dec 16, 2010
Hello all. I've been concidering getting rid of my Droid Inc and getting a standard cell phone and an Android tablet w/data package. One thing I would need is for the tablet to be able to recieve exchange emails from my companies server. Has anybody already done this? Thanks for any input.

ratamills

May 29, 2011
Hello all. I've been concidering getting rid of my Droid Inc and getting a standard cell phone and an Android tablet w/data package. One thing I would need is for the tablet to be able to recieve exchange emails from my companies server. Has anybody already done this? Thanks for any input.

I bought a ASUS Transformer last Monday with plans to use it with a data plan and voip phone and Bluetooth headset. Not having a lot of success so far. I went with Skype but have not bought a number. I have been able to call people using the nu,her pad but the first headset I got the person I called was not able to hear me. my biggest problem is I can't get it to stay connected,either skype or the headset.

What I want is to only have the expense of the data plan, be able to get incoming calls and make calls using voice commands so I can use it while riding my bike or when ever with out having to pull the tablet out.

Any suggestions? One other thing is I have a google voice number but don't know how I can use it here other than it has free texting so if I use it as the number I give out to people then I could also text from that but I would still have to buy a skype number that google would need to forward to.

pustyak

May 10, 2011
My own personal opinion is that a tablet is something you own in addition to a smartphone or to complement a smartphone. It's not a replacement simply because your smartphone is with you where ever you go whereas your tablet is likely not always by your side.

So with this philosophy, I bought a wifi only tablet to add to my 3g phone. I can tether my tablet to my phone if I need internet access when I'm not near wifi, and I also saved some real money by going with the wifi only tablet. If I had gotten the 3g tablet version, I think I still would have had to have my smartphone because, as I have mentioned, I carry my smartphone everywhere.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I bought an og Droid as a replacement for my Droid x as a counterpart for my xoom. But I might keep both phones. One as a backup. I don't think I could go back to a dumb phone.