Anyone else having problems with apps updates?

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
I have about 6 apps that all have updates waiting to be downloaded and applied. I can't update any of them. I click the update button, and it just fails to download the update for the app. This started happening after the 3.2 update.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
No such problem here.
The only thing I have seen is the market app will occasionally switch accounts for no obvious reason which can be confusing till you realize what happened.

Ive seen similar behavior as whatyou described on my phone when memory gets too full.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
My problems with apps not being able to update and not being able to download from the market just automatically got solved...

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I play the Live Holdem poker game.
It keeps refreshing the game every 20 seconds or so.
If it's my turn to check, bet or fold and it happens it folds the hand if someone else placed chips in and calls if no one did put chips in. Several times I've had a good hand that was unbeatable and it folded it.
I'm told it's the internet dropout some in 3.2 are having.
Other times a box pops up with a reconnect and cancel button.
I called Acer and reported it.
They kept telling me to do this and do that.
I kept telling them I already did this and that, it does not work.
I told them it was a bug in the 3.2 update.
The first thing they tried to get me to do was to install the internet patch.
I told the woman I already checked on that and it is not for the 3.2 Software.
She asked, "oh, did you update."
I said, " Yes, as I told you 3 time already, I updated to 3.2."
Now, how can you get anywhere with someone like that doing troubleshooting?
And she was 2nd level help.
I had already gone through level 1 on chat.
She kept telling me to do a factory reset.
A factory reset clears the hard drive and reinstall 3.2.
To do a factory reset, with the tablet off, you hold the volume up and power up, as soon as it vibrates, while still holding the volume up button, you switch the screen lock, next to the volume button, back and forth until it says something like clearing drive. Then you can let go and let it finish.
But it doesn't work. Did nothing but cause me to reinstall all my apps.
Fortunately I had them backed up on an sd card.
She said if it did not work I'd have to send my tablet in so they could figure out the problem.
Yea right, it could take weeks or in Acer's case months.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Last edited:

billmell

Feb 14, 2011
I have a tablet with Android 2.3 and it is happening to me. Market tells me to update, but all attempts end with 'Download Unsuccessful'. Have tried emptying Market cache, freeing up memory etc. but to no avail.

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
I'm wondering, those of us who are having this problem, did you have any problems installing the 3.2 update or was it installed fine? Just trying to see maybe it's related to the invalid update error some of us experienced.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
I'm having no problems with updates...have you tried clearing cache as suggested some posts ago?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I had no problems installing the update and no problems installing any apps, othet than that my market account will sometimes drift to one of my other gmail accounts. (i have three gmail accounts on this tablet, and havent found any way to restrict the market to only one of those accounts).