Anyone know anything about this one?

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
I have confirmed that there are officially two hardware revisions of the IVIEW-760TPC available. As many of you know already, there is a 4GB/0.3MP and a newer 8GB/2MP version. IVIEW has released new firmware for the 4GB version within the last few days.

4GB/0.3MP: IVIEWUS
8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS

I'm probably not going to use any Ployer MOMO-9C firmware for my 8GB/2MP model as it's obvious it doesn't have the same exact hardware as the new 8GB IVIEW model does. (Well, at least the camera.)

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
Is there anyone willing to buy something which is not a famous brand? especially the electronic items.

Hi smartAndr

To answer your question, YES. The 17 pages (so far) just on this thread should show that many people are willing to buy an off-brand of electronics.

The messages in this particular thread focus on the iView 760TCP tablet so I assume you are interested in it but worried that is it not a Samsung or some other well known brand. If you must have a known brand name, then you will pay extra just for the name and sometimes for better quality and support.

I think most of us who purchased the iView tablet did at least some research and wanted a good value for our money. I feel I got a very good value. iView may not be a well known brand but they are a US-based company and they have shown they want to provide support for the product by making firmware fixes and updates available. Most of us purchased it through Newegg which is a top notch seller and takes the worry out of the initial purchase in case the unit is defective on arrival.

Whatever you end up buying, this is a great forum to learn and share! :)

Last edited:

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
I can only test it on the 4gb/0.3mp version, but it should work on the 8gb/2mp version. The SystemUI apks and permissions xmls are exactly the same in both version.

Apparently there is something different with the 8GB/2MP version. I tried the modified file via SD card update (twice) and got a "signature verification failed". Bummer. :(

**** UPDATE ****

OK, I tried the SystemUI Mod again only I renamed it "update.zip" and it installed sucessfully. Rebooted and the garbage icons are GONE!

THANKS Igthorn!!!

Last edited:

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
I have confirmed that there are officially two hardware revisions of the IVIEW-760TPC available. As many of you know already, there is a 4GB/0.3MP and a newer 8GB/2MP version. IVIEW has released new firmware for the 4GB version within the last few days.

4GB/0.3MP: IVIEWUS
8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS

I'm probably not going to use any Ployer MOMO-9C firmware for my 8GB/2MP model as it's obvious it doesn't have the same exact hardware as the new 8GB IVIEW model does. (Well, at least the camera.)

Is this one still Gingerbread, or is this new firmware ICS?

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
Both are Gingerbread, and both are the first IVIEW specific firmwares for both tablet revisions. Ployer MOMO9 2.3 and 4.0 ICS do work as well, but do not have a compatible camera driver for the 8GB/2MP IVIEW 760TPC.

I also added more 8GB/2MP specs to my post here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ne-know-anything-about-one-17.html#post185139

Ehh. I think I'll pass -- not knowing what's on this firmware, I'm wary of upgrading. Maybe when they(meaning Iview) actually do an ICS firmware...

ruger95

Dec 14, 2011
Hello,

Perhaps someone can assist I have the 8GB/2MP model did the flash update and the camera still doesn't work. Not a deal breaker, love it anyway.

Thx's

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
Hello,

Perhaps someone can assist I have the 8GB/2MP model did the flash update and the camera still doesn't work. Not a deal breaker, love it anyway.

Thx's

Did you do the original "SD card" update that was like 70MB or did you flash the brand new ROM for the 8GB/2MP model? All the SD card update did was add crapware to the tablet, and then the official full ROM for the 8GB/2MP was the actual camera-fixing ROM that includes the crapware, seemingly better stability, etc.

The 8GB/2MP models being sold now, or at least my batch, have the incorrect ROM installed! The ROM that was on mine from the factory was for the IVIEW 4GB/0.3MP and Ployer MOMO9 tablets only. I suggest any IVIEW 760TPC 8GB/2MP tablet owners backup and flash their tablets with the official IVIEW 8GB/2MP firmware released on 2/9/12 for full functionality. IVIEWUS -

ruger95

Dec 14, 2011
Jstn747 ####

The latter, excluding the addition of ""crapware"' it works fine.

Thx's

Last edited:

almuzakal

Feb 16, 2012
Hello everybody,

I received my Iview 760TPC last week via Newegg and have really enjoyed the unit so far. Like many other posts that I have read, of course the camera was not working out of the box with the original firmware. I have the newer 8GB/2MP model. I did the external sd card update from the Iview website, and the camera still did not come to life. Now, I have tried for the past several days to flash the firmware with the latest Iview 8GB/2MP (February 9th) release via a PC connection. I successfully downloaded the firmware and instructions, and installed the driver as instructed on my XP PC, multiple XP PCs, in fact. I cannot get my XP computer(s) to "see" my Iview tablet at all, no matter what I've tried. The windows driver appears to install properly, but when I run the LiveSuit program to try to flash the tablet, the program cannot "see" my tablet. If anyone has any help for me as to how to get my XP PC to be able to "see" my tablet properly so that I can flash the new firmware successfully, I would really appreciate the advice. Thanks! Al

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Hello everybody,

I received my Iview 760TPC last week via Newegg and have really enjoyed the unit so far. Like many other posts that I have read, of course the camera was not working out of the box with the original firmware. I have the newer 8GB/2MP model. I did the external sd card update from the Iview website, and the camera still did not come to life. Now, I have tried for the past several days to flash the firmware with the latest Iview 8GB/2MP (February 9th) release via a PC connection. I successfully downloaded the firmware and instructions, and installed the driver as instructed on my XP PC, multiple XP PCs, in fact. I cannot get my XP computer(s) to "see" my Iview tablet at all, no matter what I've tried. The windows driver appears to install properly, but when I run the LiveSuit program to try to flash the tablet, the program cannot "see" my tablet. If anyone has any help for me as to how to get my XP PC to be able to "see" my tablet properly so that I can flash the new firmware successfully, I would really appreciate the advice. Thanks! Al

Not having read the firmware instructions, the only way I see my tablet is to make sure I put it in USB storage mode once USB cable is connected. To do this connect the USB cable, then drag the menu bar down to show messages. One will be about USB something or other. Click it and then enable USB Storage mode, or something like that.

Hope that helps.

almuzakal

Feb 16, 2012
MarcelJV,

Thank you for your advice, and even though that procedure does allow me to "see" my tablet and successfully move files between my computer and the tablet, when trying to do the firmware update using the LiveSuit program, I am getting the "no device that need to update !" message. By the way, that is their exact english message, not mine. Any other thoughts or something else that I am possibly doing wrong?

Thanks! Al

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
OK all you iView 760TCP owners. I've been playing with and learning about my tablet and trying different scrips and mods and have reflashed the firmware a BUNCH of times. In the process I made a custom script to disable the cell function in the tablet since i have to redo it every time I reflash. If you've been following this thread you know that it involves renaming 2 files and modifying the build.prop file. Sounds easy but if you are a noob or just don't want to dig around in the guts of the system, here is a link to the script and files to automate that process. The prerequisite is that this is only for the newer 8GB / 2MP models (though it might work with the earier versions - no guarantee!) and that you already have the USB drivers on your computer, which you would If you've successfully reflashed with the new firmware to fix the camera issue.

iView760TCP_Disable_Cell.zip

Download and unZIP this to your Desktop or any convenient location and run the .bat file.

Good Luck!