Anyone know anything about this one?

almuzakal

Feb 16, 2012
Nick,

Thanks for the advice and my "USB debugging" is enabled on the tablet, but the same error message shows when I try to flash the firmware. I'm not a novice to this flashing of firmware on devices, but unfortunately, I just can't get this tablet to flash. Thank you so much for your advice and help anyway.

Al

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
My friend recently ordered this tablet, bastard got the 2.0MP version :mad:
camera obviously didn't work so i tried fixing it for him, couldn't get it working on Windows 7 (32 or 64) but it worked on XP
Here's the translation of the instructions from Engrish to English:

1. Download http://iviewus.com/download/760tpc.zip
2. Unzip it
3. Start LiveSuit.exe (in the LiveSuit folder from the zip)
4. Click "SelectImg"
5. Choose "97F2-D1-H1-H01-1529.20120114.img" from the zip
6. Turn the device off
7. While holding the back button, plug in the usb cord and press then power button 10 times
8. If this isn't your first time skip to step 17
9. The computer should see an unknown device, and under xp a wizard should open
10. Select "No, not at this time" then "Install from a list or specific location"
11. Select "Search for best driver in these locations"
12. Uncheck "Search removable media"
13. Check "Include this location in the search"
14. Click Browse and select the UsbDriver folder (inside the LiveSuit folder)
15. Click next and Windows should start installing the driver
16. repeat steps 9-15
17. LiveSuit should now recognize your device and ask you twice if you want to format it, select yes both times and it will start formatting/updating your tablet
18. When LiveSuit is done, the tablet will reboot, its safe to close LiveSuit and unplug your tablet
19. Enjoy your 2.0MP camera, I'll be over here with 0.3MP camera ;-;
20. ???
21. profit

Hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

almuzakal

Feb 16, 2012
camera obviously didn't work so i tried fixing it for him, couldn't get it working on Windows 7 (32 or 64) but it worked on XP

2. Unzip it
4. Click "SelectImg"
6. Turn the device off
7. While holding the back button, plug in the usb cord and press then power button 10 times
10. Select "No, not at this time" then "Install from a list or specific location"
16. repeat steps 9-15
17. LiveSuit should now recognize your device and ask you twice if you want to format it, select yes both times and it will start formatting/updating your tablet
18. When LiveSuit is done, the tablet will reboot, its safe to close LiveSuit and unplug your tablet
20. ???
21. profit

Auztin,

Thank you so much for the step by step specifics for flashing the firmware. I started from scratch and successfully loaded the XP driver. After that driver installation, the updated firmware loaded without any problems! The camera works perfectly now, as does everything else. I then restored all my old data and apps from my back-up, and it's better than ever!

For all those out there with the 8GB / 2MP tablet that the camera is still not working, if you follow Auztin's steps perfectly with the proper firmware update from the Iviewus.com site, the tablet should flash the firmware, and all should be working perfect! This is truly a nice tablet for the money, and I'm very satisfied with it so far.

Al

stinkeye22

Feb 4, 2012
OK.... Unless someone stops me I'm ordering another (true 8gb this time, I hope :) in the morning. I figure by the time I get it you all will have figured out even new tricks to make it do... Right?

Yeah, well apparently the cat is out of the bag on this one.... Donated my Mom's Kindle to Hospice, gave her the 4gb to use went to order another one and >poof< Out of stock with Ohhh, just around a thousand orders waiting for the few they are actually going to get in....

The saga continued edit

Suggestions for another tablet are gratefully being accepted.... The bright side, I have a $20 gift card to take away some of the pain. Loved the $129 price tag and the fact that it could be mod'ed If you have any suggestions.

Oh, and the good news is that I can still play with hers until I get another one.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I doubt anyone would stop you, lol am going to order the MOMO8 which is basically this tablet but an 8 inch version instead of 7 inch.

Last edited:

ruger95

Dec 14, 2011

2. Unzip it
4. Click "SelectImg"
6. Turn the device off
16. repeat steps 9-15
20. ???
21. profit

Thank You

Camera now working (what a pain)

:)

twy

Feb 18, 2012
First, I have to give a big thank you to everyone in this thread. I've been reading it religiously since it was the one and only thing I could find on this tablet when I first started looking at it. It has been invaluable, I'm so happy I picked this over a rooted Nook Color.

I ordered one on Feb 8th. Sadly it had a piece of debris stuck -in- the glass so I returned it the next day. It was an 8gb one (no idea on the camera since I didn't even try it). I did play with it, i.e. downloaded apps, poked around and noted the lack of KingKong Market. My replacement just came in yesterday and I noticed something; the inclusion of the KingKong Market app and the camera seems to be working perfectly. So I assume it somehow shipped with the updated firmware? How would I check that? Sidebar: Somewhere along the lines of tinkering in Titanium Backup I deleted KingKong Market because it no longer appears anywhere in my apps. Which solves one of my questions.

Is there a specific back-up app/program you'd all suggest? It's my first android device ever so I am a total noob and the Android OS is a total mystery to me. I had to google how to flash a ROM. So I'd like something to fall back on should I brick it.

Here's where you tell me all the things I am doing wrong ;)
I went in and renamed all the phone apk's. Doing so did not get rid of the cell bar icon, even after a few on/off cycles. I went into build.prop with File Manager and just couldn't get the file to edit at all. It let me select words and text but didn't give me an option to add new lines. How would I make that work/get rid of it? I'd like to keep the soft keys since I've noticed they're a tiny bit more responsive than the buttons. I just don't want the cell bars.

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
If anyone cares, the guys at PandaWillForum successfully rehosted the Ployer MOMO9 4.0.3 ROM. I installed it on my 8GB/2MP device and of course the camera isn't going to work, but if you don't care about your camera and want to try a nice clean ICS ROM, here's the thread: Android 4.0.3 ICS, MOMO9 test version
I have good impressions of it so far, a lot of things including the screen density are much better than the Gingerbread ROM.

First, I have to give a big thank you to everyone in this thread. I've been reading it religiously since it was the one and only thing I could find on this tablet when I first started looking at it. It has been invaluable, I'm so happy I picked this over a rooted Nook Color.

I ordered one on Feb 8th. Sadly it had a piece of debris stuck -in- the glass so I returned it the next day. It was an 8gb one (no idea on the camera since I didn't even try it). I did play with it, i.e. downloaded apps, poked around and noted the lack of KingKong Market. My replacement just came in yesterday and I noticed something; the inclusion of the KingKong Market app and the camera seems to be working perfectly. So I assume it somehow shipped with the updated firmware? How would I check that? Sidebar: Somewhere along the lines of tinkering in Titanium Backup I deleted KingKong Market because it no longer appears anywhere in my apps. Which solves one of my questions.

Is there a specific back-up app/program you'd all suggest? It's my first android device ever so I am a total noob and the Android OS is a total mystery to me. I had to google how to flash a ROM. So I'd like something to fall back on should I brick it.

Here's where you tell me all the things I am doing wrong ;)
I went in and renamed all the phone apk's. Doing so did not get rid of the cell bar icon, even after a few on/off cycles. I went into build.prop with File Manager and just couldn't get the file to edit at all. It let me select words and text but didn't give me an option to add new lines. How would I make that work/get rid of it? I'd like to keep the soft keys since I've noticed they're a tiny bit more responsive than the buttons. I just don't want the cell bars.

I just use Titanium Backup to back up my apps like many other users. Seems to work well if you spend the time manually backing up your apps (which you have to do in the free version). As far as the cell standby stuff, all you really need to do is rename the 2 .apk files to .apk.old, and there isn't anything you can do about the icons in the status bar unless you install a custom SystemUI.apk someone made in this thread. Editing build.prop is basically useless imo, I experienced no difference.

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
@Jstn7477
I want to flash it with ICS but I'm kind of scared to go through with this as i love this device and don't want to break it :p
I have the 4gb version but it should still work, and im sure i could always flash the one from iview back on it
but before i try, could you tell me if it works as it should? (flash works, apps are stable, etc)
i noticed in a previous post on 4.0.1 the statusbar was on the bottom, is that a setting, or is it stuck on the bottom or was it just that rom?

Edit: btw you don't have to backup your apps one by one, just press menu and hit batch ;D

Last edited:

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
@Jstn7477
I want to flash it with ICS but I'm kind of scared to go through with this as i love this device and don't want to break it :p
I have the 4gb version but it should still work, and im sure i could always flash the one from iview back on it
but before i try, could you tell me if it works as it should? (flash works, apps are stable, etc)
i noticed in a previous post on 4.0.1 the statusbar was on the bottom, is that a setting, or is it stuck on the bottom or was it just that rom?

Edit: btw you don't have to backup your apps one by one, just press menu and hit batch ;D

If you have the 4GB version and your camera originally worked out of the box, then your device should *hopefully* be identical to the Ployer MOMO9 and your camera should work. What is your "device model" as reported by Android? Ployer MOMO9 firmwares say "97F1", IVIEW 8GB/2MP firmware says "97F2" and the 8GB/2MP tablet itself reports "97FC". I simply used the force format method and wiped my device when installing 4.0.3. Taskbar is unskinned and is at the bottom as in any other ICS and I believe Honeycomb as well. The whole UI is different as well from the old 2.x.x kernels. Technically the Ployer MOMO9, and IVIEW 4GB/8GB all have the same core hardware, but have different cameras and different speed bins of the Allwinner A10 SoC (MOMO9 is 1.2GHz). You can easily force format your device back to 2.3 if you wish, there isn't anything in the Ployer MOMO9 ROMs that would brick the IVIEW tabs.

Flash doesn't seem to work, Chrome Beta didn't work, Angry Birds worked (without sound for some reason), Ti Backup worked, AnTuTu CPU Master and Benchmark worked, Xiialive Lite worked, Root Explorer worked, Minecraft Pocket Edition worked.

Pros: Seems more responsive, nicer GUI, less bootup time.
Cons: Iffy app support, graphics performance not up to par with Gingerbread.

Hopefully Ployer will continue development, but it would be even nicer if IVIEW began releasing some of these with camera drivers for their tablets.

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
couldnt you take the drivers from the iview firmware and replace the ones in the momo firmware?
if you mean the first 4 of the build number then mine says 97f1, my model number says 97fc
flash isnt that big of a deal to me
my only annoyance would be an extra device under market.android.com that i cant delete `-` (an extra one should i decide to flash back)
but it sounds like gingerbread has better support
i'll think about it and if i do i'll report my 2 cents

also for removing cell standby, dont edit the build.prop it does nothing, the OS doesnt even let you edit it anyways
at the time i thought you needed to but i was wrong about it
all you need to do is rename those 2 files and you're fine

skelman

Feb 9, 2012
Made an update.zip style package that will install the modified 'SystemUI.apk' and add some xmls in '/system/etc/permissions'. Signed with the proper keys so it can be flashed with the stock recovery (should work fine with CWM if you installed it). I have tested it with the stock recovery (I reinstalled the stock recovery to test it).

Follow this guide for the basic steps on how to install it. Just use 'systemui-mod_perm-xml-fix-signed.zip' instead of '760TPC Micro SD firmware for 2mp camera.zip'.
http://iviewus.com/download/760tpc4gbsd.doc

Modified SystemUI.apk: removes soft keys, cell and alarm icons from the status bar
Permissions xml fix: increased market compatibility (I haven't trimmed it down to the exact hardware on 760tpc, so it is possilbe to install apps that require hardware that's not available which can cause the app to crash)

After installing you will have to wipe Market data. In Titanium Backup go to the 'Backup/Restore' tab then find 'Market x.x.x' and tap it. Select 'Wipe data'. Now open up Market and you should be able to find more than you could without the fix.

To revert to the stock 'SystemUI.apk' and default permissions xmls, follow the guide and use 'default_systemui_perm-xmls-signed.zip'.

I can only test it on the 4gb/0.3mp version, but it should work on the 8gb/2mp version. The SystemUI apks and permissions xmls are exactly the same in both version.

If you want to make your own flashable zips go here for links and a basic summary of what to do.

I installed the systemui-mod_perm-xml-fix-signed.zip for the 8gb/2MP iview 760tpc successfully, but I'm having some problems. The SystemUI.apk part worked fine and the status bar icons are now gone. That's great.

Market is no longer working correctly for me. I went into Titanium Backup and did 'Wipe data' for Market 3.4.4, (the app was working perfectly before). Now, I can load the Market main page fine, and even search for apps, but whenever I click any app to view it, it crashes. I get the message "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've uninstalled 3.4.4 and reinstalled it (since I initially had to side-load it, as an older version of market came with the device)
I've rebooted the device.
I've tried the 'Wipe data' multiple times with no success.

Any time I try to click on an app to view its page, through the search or the main Market page, it immediately crashes. One thing I'm wondering, I wasn't supposed to do a Factory data reset after this update, was I? I assumed this minor fix did not require it. Is this the part I'm missing? Please, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Igthorn

Jan 9, 2012
Try wiping data for Google Services Framework and Market. That should wipe all data for Market and Google Accts, so you will have to re-enter your google acct info.

skelman

Feb 9, 2012
Try wiping data for Google Services Framework and Market. That should wipe all data for Market and Google Accts, so you will have to re-enter your google acct info.

This didn't work and did not make me re-enter my google account info. Market still crashes at the same point too. I had already backed out the changes so I tried it again and have now backed it out a second time. Has anyone else successfully done this on the 8GB/2MP version? Maybe I'll just apply the SystemUI.apk thing individually to clean up the status bar another day.

Thanks for trying to help - and please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions.