Anyone know anything about this one?

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
For those of you with the iView 760TCP who are still following this thread, I came across a thread on another forum with LOTS of great info for upgrading our tablets to Android 4.0.3 ICS. Seems iView has unofficially released ICS for the 760 so the DL link is not on the iView web site but is in the post below. I've downloaded it and installed and it works VERY well. The guy on the other thread even posted a script to improve Market access. Here's the link. ENJOY!

IVIEW 760TPC (AllWinner A10 Tablet) Official Thread

Does it work for the 4GB/.3MP camera version(meaning, no problems, everything like the camera, etc. works, yada yada yada)? If so, I might as well go ahead and upgrade in the next day or two since I have that time off from work, lol.

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Does it work for the 4GB/.3MP camera version(meaning, no problems, everything like the camera, etc. works, yada yada yada)? If so, I might as well go ahead and upgrade in the next day or two since I have that time off from work, lol.
Yes follow the link and you will find tons of good information. The videos are good too. There is one on ICS running on the 4GB version. NOTE: There are a number of apps that do not work on ICS and unless the app has an update recently, you can expect they might not work.
Good luck on your upgrade.

EggsTyrone

Jan 21, 2012
Yes follow the link and you will find tons of good information. The videos are good too. There is one on ICS running on the 4GB version. NOTE: There are a number of apps that do not work on ICS and unless the app has an update recently, you can expect they might not work.
Good luck on your upgrade.

I have been running ICS 4.0.3 for several days now on the 8GB/2MP tablet, and so far, it is running great. My only issue has been the inability to sync the calendar with my Google calendar account. Every time that I try to add my gmail account to the calendar, I get:

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

I don't use contacts, but I think it is not working either. Gmail works without a problem. I have tried hard resets, clearing data, etc. without any progress.

Any ideas?

Mar 22, 2012
I have been running ICS 4.0.3 for several days now on the 8GB/2MP tablet, and so far, it is running great. My only issue has been the inability to sync the calendar with my Google calendar account. Every time that I try to add my gmail account to the calendar, I get:

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

I don't use contacts, but I think it is not working either. Gmail works without a problem. I have tried hard resets, clearing data, etc. without any progress.

Any ideas?
If you get my latest script (version 3), it fixes all of these problems.

I am still working to fix other minor bugs as well.

EggsTyrone

Jan 21, 2012

stinkeye22

Feb 4, 2012
OK. I finally got one, they switched the advertising to say it was an ARM8 cpu but according to Android System Info it's an ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71) the Board is a crane, the brand is Inet and the Device :crane-evb. The camera seems to be working fine and it is the 8GB and it says it has 314 MB Ram. If the camera works then I don't need to update the firmware? Which is quite a pain for me anyway. Superuser and Rom Toolbox say it's not rooted. Under OS in the Browser user agent it says 760TPCBuild/GRJ22. Wide open on suggestions for this thing. It won't download some of the APPS and I would love to be able to run Rom manager or something to make it a little bit snappier. Does anyone think running super one click on it would help any of that?, did anyone end up with this same model type?

momo9

Apr 15, 2012
i have a momo9 that has touch screen problems.

around the edges of the longest sides is less responsive when it is not charging or my hand is not covering the backside of the tablet.

any idea how to fix this ?

I have also placed a piece of aluminium foil on a table and placed the tablet on it. with a piece larger then the tablet, i place the palm of my hand on the foil area beyond the tablet.
the piece of foil is the size of the tablet and my palm together.

doing this has the same effect of placing my palm on the back side directly or charging the tablet.

Any information would help. as it is i have it up for sale ....

momo9

Apr 15, 2012
Alright guys, I was bored and popped the back cover off of my tab, and now I have a few pictures of what I discovered (chinatab pr0n if you will). :p

I didn't bother removing the mainboard from where it is mounted, as I really don't want to break my tab (the use of masking tape in attempt to secure most things does not make me too comfortable). Most, if not all, of the main ICs should be on the visible side. Hopefully someone other than me finds interest in these. Pictures taken with my phone, and I had to resize them to comply with upload requirements. Also missed what may be the WiFi chip next to the A10, and I haven't found the accelerometer either.

Compatible ROMs:
Ployer MOMO9 2.3/4.0 ICS (camera does not work, same image as the original firmware that came on my 8GB/2MP tab)
IVIEW 2.3 760TPC Feb. 9, 2012 8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS -
Overclocking:
AnTuTu CPU Master: Overclocked to 1.15GHz stable, no voltage control. 1200 has slight instability, anything above crashes/shuts down/reboots tab.

Benchmarks:
AnTuTu Benchmark: ~3000 (details soon)

Visible ICs:

NAND flash:
2* Hynix H27IBG8T2ATR 32Gb 32nm MLC NAND Flash.

RAM:
4* Hynix H5TQ1G83TFR-H9C (512MB total) 1.5V DDR3-1333 CL9 in 2 32bit pairs (I highly doubt it runs even close to that frequency)

SoC:
AllWinner Tech A10 BC022BA 2CN1
1.0GHz ARM Cortex A8
ARM Mali 400-MP graphics (350MHz?)

PMU (Power Management Unit)
X-Powers AXP209 BB003CA 3BN1
"Enhanced single cell Li-Battery and Power System Management IC"

WLAN:
Realtek RTL8100CUS (absolutely no data on the internet, but it does do g/n fine.)

Digitizer:
FocalTech Systems FT5406EE8
ERE47LD

Screen:
BOE Panel H-B070D-12AE (16M colors, LED backlit)
Manufactured 01-12-2012 (a mere 20 days before I ordered the tablet from Newegg on 2/1/2012)

Battery:
Unknown model, P448088, 3.7V LiFe 3500mAh (13wh)

Camera:
2.0MP unknown model, no visible markings.

Other oddities:
Mini condenser microphone on mainboard, mounted underneath right next to power button.
"Mic" hole is actually a reset button, and the mic is nowhere near it.
HIDDEN recessed button between mini-HDMI and TF card slot, inaccessible without tablet disassembly.

View attachment 5735View attachment 5736View attachment 5737View attachment 5738

i have a momo9 that has touch screen problems.

around the edges of the longest sides is less responsive when it is not charging or my hand is not covering the backside of the tablet.

any idea how to fix this ?

I have also placed a piece of aluminium foil on a table and placed the tablet on it. with a piece larger then the tablet, i place the palm of my hand on the foil area beyond the tablet.
the piece of foil is the size of the tablet and my palm together.

doing this has the same effect of placing my palm on the back side directly or charging the tablet.

Any information would help. as it is i have it up for sale ....

momo9

Apr 15, 2012
I took my momo9 apart. thanks for the images . they assisted in knowing what can be poked at and not when taking it apart.

I have found that when i tough any part (even a screw tab) of the metal shield around the screen, my issue with the outer edges of the touch screen b eing unresponcive are gone. the same works when i plug the charger into it without it being apart.

What can be done to cause this effect perminitly ? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Alright guys, I was bored and popped the back cover off of my tab, and now I have a few pictures of what I discovered (chinatab pr0n if you will). :p

I didn't bother removing the mainboard from where it is mounted, as I really don't want to break my tab (the use of masking tape in attempt to secure most things does not make me too comfortable). Most, if not all, of the main ICs should be on the visible side. Hopefully someone other than me finds interest in these. Pictures taken with my phone, and I had to resize them to comply with upload requirements. Also missed what may be the WiFi chip next to the A10, and I haven't found the accelerometer either.

Compatible ROMs:
Ployer MOMO9 2.3/4.0 ICS (camera does not work, same image as the original firmware that came on my 8GB/2MP tab)
IVIEW 2.3 760TPC Feb. 9, 2012 8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS -
Overclocking:
AnTuTu CPU Master: Overclocked to 1.15GHz stable, no voltage control. 1200 has slight instability, anything above crashes/shuts down/reboots tab.

Benchmarks:
AnTuTu Benchmark: ~3000 (details soon)

Visible ICs:

NAND flash:
2* Hynix H27IBG8T2ATR 32Gb 32nm MLC NAND Flash.

RAM:
4* Hynix H5TQ1G83TFR-H9C (512MB total) 1.5V DDR3-1333 CL9 in 2 32bit pairs (I highly doubt it runs even close to that frequency)

SoC:
AllWinner Tech A10 BC022BA 2CN1
1.0GHz ARM Cortex A8
ARM Mali 400-MP graphics (350MHz?)

PMU (Power Management Unit)
X-Powers AXP209 BB003CA 3BN1
"Enhanced single cell Li-Battery and Power System Management IC"

WLAN:
Realtek RTL8100CUS (absolutely no data on the internet, but it does do g/n fine.)

Digitizer:
FocalTech Systems FT5406EE8
ERE47LD

Screen:
BOE Panel H-B070D-12AE (16M colors, LED backlit)
Manufactured 01-12-2012 (a mere 20 days before I ordered the tablet from Newegg on 2/1/2012)

Battery:
Unknown model, P448088, 3.7V LiFe 3500mAh (13wh)

Camera:
2.0MP unknown model, no visible markings.

Other oddities:
Mini condenser microphone on mainboard, mounted underneath right next to power button.
"Mic" hole is actually a reset button, and the mic is nowhere near it.
HIDDEN recessed button between mini-HDMI and TF card slot, inaccessible without tablet disassembly.

View attachment 5735View attachment 5736View attachment 5737View attachment 5738

tabletkid

Jun 4, 2012
I've been looking at cheap tablets for my kid, and I've come across this. I've googled it and searched forums and youtube, but I'm finding just about zero info. It looks to me like what I'm looking for, but not being able to find any info about it makes me wonder.

Newegg.com - iView Iview 760TPC Android Tablet ARM Cortex-A8 1.00GHz 7" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen 512MB Memory 4GB Flash HDD

no reviews. Nothing on the net about it. No forum posts on any of the several android forums I know of. But, it's got a capacitive screen at $130 shipped, says it has official market and flash, and looks like it will do the things I want it for...I think.

If anyone knows anything about it, I'd appreciate any info.

At least if I do take a chance on it it's from Newegg, and not a site from halfway around the world...but would rather hear something good about it before buying, ya know?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Yes! I have done a review on it here:

iView 760TPC « reviewlink

Let me know!!!

tabletkid

Mexirom

Nov 10, 2012
Hi. Let me understand you. You want to buy a good but cheap tablet for your soon ? That right ? Look why you donnt try to send me a mail and I will explain you how this things work. I will help you to make kappy your soon. And something else ... excuse my english... it is not one of the best ... but my brain ...yes sir. [email protected] Remember me something about this conversation .. bye. Wait for your mail.