Anyone know anything about this one?

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Ok, so I got it, finally. Newegg was great about my UPS claim, btw. No trouble from those guys at all. They're a great site/store, and I definitely recommend them to anyone.

Overall, I like it. I'm really pleased - for the price, this is not a bad little device at all. I got my files updated, and killed cell standby with no problem. I'll be trying to remove icons later, and I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone in this thread for helping.

It's screen is fine; nice and responsive. The OS is pretty quick and lively. Didn't have a lick of trouble getting apps set up, and they all seemed to run just as they should. It does boot kinda slow, but once it's up and going, it's pretty quick.

My kid is thrilled with this thing...and now my wife has her eye on one too. I had been planning to get her the LePan, but she says she might like this instead, since its smaller.

So, yeah, no way in hell I'd trade my LePan for one of these, but if you're looking for a decent tablet on the cheap, this one is a pretty good choice, as long as you're willing to fix the battery problem.

Thanks again to the folks who took the time to help in this thread.

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Ok so I am totally new to Android and I come from a PC Windows background.

I just got this Tablet and I have a Wireless network that has a access control list based on the MAC address of the devices I will allow.
Unfortunately I can not figure out how I can find the MAC Address of this device? Is it possible with the installed software to see this?

Thanks.

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
Ok so I am totally new to Android and I come from a PC Windows background.

I just got this Tablet and I have a Wireless network that has a access control list based on the MAC address of the devices I will allow.
Unfortunately I can not figure out how I can find the MAC Address of this device? Is it possible with the installed software to see this?

Thanks.
settings>wifi & networks>wifi settings
press menu
tap advanced
mac address should be listed there

pico23

Jan 26, 2012
I got a lot of great info from this thread, but I bricked my iView with the build.prop file. (somehow, when I edited it, and copied it into the directory it deleted the build.prop rather than replacing it. I had a bad feeling about it, but I went ahead and reboot hoping it was just a glitch after several attempts to paste/move it to the directory from a backup on dropbox).

Stuck in an infinite boot cycle now.

ADB isn't connecting to it, well at least not QTADB.

Can anyone post a recovery zip for either ICS or the stock rom. I can get into recovery, and I assume with a zip I can simply flash the device.

I downloaded the Tar file from MOMO for ICS, is there a way to flash that as I zip (haven't opened it yet to see if there is a zip inside).

If not, can anyone explain to me the simplest method to get back into android? I don't care about wiping the device, it's brand new, no data on it. Just want to least time intensive method to get it back from a black screen with Android written on it.

Oh, and for now I would actually prefer Gingerbread. But I'm not gonna complain if it's easier to install an ICS rom.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
could you post more info, like what you did exactly, what happens when you turn it on, did you install busybox?
did you try installing ics? what did you do with build.prop

pico23

Jan 26, 2012
I was simply clearing out the phone connection. I followed the steps exactly as posted a few pages back in clearing the apps ans editing the build.prop. didn't do anything beyond that.

I am stuck on the boot screen that says ANDROID in silver lettering. just keeps reloading that screen.

it did reboot after renaming the phone apks with no issues, so it is definitely the build prop file. if I could get into the file system I can replace the file, but I cannot.

I did not install busybox. so this could be the reason adj cannot connect.

this is why I was hoping to just flash the rom using the recovery menu.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Tablet Forum

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
so all you did was add that line to build.prop?
I don't see why it wont start...
just keeps reloading the screen, like it keeps auto rebooting?
as far as I know busybox has nothing to do with adb its just a toolbox with more commands
if its auto rebooting how long does it stay on?
try using adb in recovery mode (access it by holding menu and power together when its turning on)
if all you did was rename the apks and edit build.prop I don't see what's wrong...

pico23

Jan 26, 2012
Well yes, BUT the build prop file actually might have been deleted.

When i edited it, i did it on my laptop and then downloaded it from drop box to the tablet. Then i copied and pasted it and selected replace exxisting file.

When i copied it to the system folder, didnt replace it. It appeared to delete it. I assumed it was a refresh issue and rebooted.

That is when the infinite loop started.

So the question is, what is the best?easiest way to put the build prop file in without adb?

pico23

Jan 26, 2012
Looks like I might have to rma it to newegg. I guess I can try flashing ics from recovery first and then swap it out, it won't be in any worse shape if it fails.

not really sure why iview shipped it with the phone files and worse, why the iview site has no update to remove them.

1 hour battery life wont be a strong selling point for sure so I have no problems rma'ing it even though it was my f'up in this case.

Igthorn

Jan 9, 2012
I tried to make an update.zip that just copies the default build.prop to '/system'. I'm not sure if I have signed it correctly for the stock recovery.

update.signed.zip = signed with an update key/cert found in PDroid Patcher
update.testkey.zip = signed with test key/cert found in a different package

Just rename to update.zip and put it in the root directory of a microSD card.

Attachments

• $update.signed.zip
    144.1 KB · Views: 169
  • $update.testkey.zip
    144.6 KB · Views: 189

casra888

Jan 13, 2012
Can anyone shed light on how the battery is going after all these fixes?
I already RMA'd mine back as the short, short, short, battery life was driving me nuts.