Anyone know how Lenovo will support map updates for A1 GPS?

tonyp

Nov 1, 2011
Having a built in GPS sounds great, but is there any indication of what maps are used, and how updates will be supported?

ScooterCat

Oct 17, 2011
Be aware that the limited functionality Navdroyd app that comes on the A1 only allows one map at a time to be loaded, so only one state/province allowed. I upgraded to the full version on the market for $6.93 which allows multiple maps. Haven't tried out the navigation yet but the maps look pretty good.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
OP. Lenovo probably won't. Since the tablet app that does the GPS off line is just a freebe thrown in by them and NavDroid.
As ScooterCat pointed out the app has limited function. I am going to try to test it today and it NavDroid works well enough I will probably buy it for my Toshiba Thrive.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Well. Tried the NavDroid app Saturday and not impressed. However the ND app that comes on the tablet is a limited version so it may not be capable of everything that the pay version is. But what I used was nothing compared to the Navigator app that you see on this tablet and on Android phones.
Had to use a MiFi device to use the Google Navigator but the NavDroid app was useless for anything but a live map. It showed me where I was on the road but did nothing to direct me to where I needed to go.