Anyone know where to get cheap plastic shields??

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Looking for another source other than those 29.99 shields everyone is selling. That is ridiculously overpriced (I bought one and screwed it up--not buying another one for that price!). 3 years ago you could buy that sort of thing for 3 bucks--now they charge 30!

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
Hey, I got one off eBay specifically made for the A500 and it looked and felt like crap. I peeled it right off. That one was only 10 bucks. I'm weary of trying another. The one for my phone is ideal, and was amazingly easy to apply. They need to make one of those for this tab. So far though, I haven't seen one.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I just received the one I bought from Amazon (for $17.90 total.) It looks to be a good screen protector, however, the hole for the camera is on the wrong side. I've written them and asked them to rectify this and send me another or give me a refund. Depending on how they respond, I'll let you know who they are. If they send me the right one, I believe I will like it a lot. I advised them that if they're not willing to fix it, they have no business selling one for the Iconia A500, as everyone will most likely have the same problem (unless this is a batch issue...)

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
I have a Skinomi and only paid about $15 for it, just use coupon code Get25 at checkout. About like the Zagg shield but seems smoother IMHO.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
OK, so I said I'd update if my screen protector situation got rectified. It did - immediately. I couldn't have asked for better service. It was immediate and honest and I had the new screen protector in hand within 3 days.

It is antiglare, antifingerprint, just as it's advertised and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't affect the screen sensitivity and it's easy to see through. I'm as happy as I can get with it:

Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Acer Iconia A500 Tablet: Electronics

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
I ordered this protector also and its on the way. Glad to hear it worked. Is it a dry or wet application?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
You do know the InvisibleShield has a lifetime warranty, correct? AND, if you bought it at Best Buy, they will honor the exchange right there. I work at Best Buy and three of mine got messed up and they replace them for free, no charge at all. IMO, the InvisibleShield is the way to go. Yeah, they're a pain to get on a 10.1" screen, but it's totally worth it in the long run.

-Joe.

jonk

May 21, 2011
Is there anything wrong with using clear contact? The same stuff that you wrap school/library books with.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
If your not against using some cissors, you could use the screen protectors made for the ipads. I ended up getting two ipad protectors at walmart for $15, then cut one down to the size of the acers screen. I'm not the most even cutter but the protector is great, I was able to match it almost perfect to the size of the screen, and, most importantly, nobody notices I hacked the screen protector unless I tell them... just a thought

pw5470

May 20, 2011
OK, so I said I'd update if my screen protector situation got rectified. It did - immediately. I couldn't have asked for better service. It was immediate and honest and I had the new screen protector in hand within 3 days.

It is antiglare, antifingerprint, just as it's advertised and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't affect the screen sensitivity and it's easy to see through. I'm as happy as I can get with it:

Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Acer Iconia A500 Tablet: Electronics

Thanks for the update, glad you were able to find a good screen protector. I've been trying to find something that wasn't too expensive. Ordered one of these this morning.

robdroid

May 4, 2011

Also placed my order this morning, thanks for the followup!
Without some sort of protection this thing is a fingerprint magnet and the glare is terrible outdoors.