Anyone knows if it's possible to share phone's internet connection with Vizio Tablet?

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Sorry to bother but what settings on Vizio Tab and what app and settings are you using on your cell to achieve a wifi tether? Not a forum out there that i have read where this was achieved, hence the out cry for root with this tablet.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Well, my Droid 2 Global was rooted (until the recent Gingerbread update but I am working on that! :))

I was using an app called Wireless Tether (Barnacle, another tether app was tried first but did not work for me) and no special settings aside from the security which is WPA2 and from a prior post it sounds like that may be the key. Someone else posted that they read somewhere that you need to use WPA to connect which I did not know, just happened to set it up that way.

Copp

Nov 2, 2010
WiFi tether, 3.1 beta 6 Droidx, must be rooted on routering device.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet ForumWifi

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Pdanet Tablet on both phone (server) and tablet (client). Works for surfing the net and gmail. Does not work for. Netflix or other apps.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

beastman, thanks for the tip! I have a droid 1 (orgininal droid phone) and have not been able to get anything to work. But, the PDAnet beta program did give me limited connection. This really helps!

Lucas3

Oct 20, 2011
beastman, thanks for the tip! I have a droid 1 (orgininal droid phone) and have not been able to get anything to work. But, the PDAnet beta program did give me limited connection. This really helps!

Yes it did thanks. Definitely very limited for me though. Bluetooth connection is very slow via this app. Better than nothing though.

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
Lucas,
Absolutely it works. Root your Droid X. Get the Wifi Tether App which is free. Connect your VTab to it. It's rather simple at least with a DroidX.

mail

Lucas3

Oct 20, 2011
Lucas,
Absolutely it works. Root your Droid X. Get the Wifi Tether App which is free. Connect your VTab to it. It's rather simple at least with a DroidX.

mail

Wifi tether app from svtech works on my Droid Charge!!!! Im so pumped up thanks dornstar!!!! Amazing