Anyone need a SYNET7LP for parts / repair?

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
I'm giving up on the Sylvania tablet.

I sent mine to Digital Gadgets 3 times.
I was patient, and waited 2 weeks every time.

Finally got a replacement, got to use it one time.
I placed it on my office desk with some paperwork, and now it has a cracked screen.

It's now going up for sale, if anyone is interested, let me know.
Comes with box, paperwork, cables, ect.

Just frustrated

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
Whatever it is worth to someone.
Everything works, it turns on, you just have to rotate it in order to keep from pushing on the cracks when using it.

I hate to spend more time messing with it or to have it replaced.

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I was hoping you had a hardware problem or hard bricked it, I have an EX with a cracked screen as well. Works great, just needs a new screen.

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
The tablet is still up for sale.

I turned it on yesterday and ran the "over the air" update.
Everything works fine, other than the cracks in the screen.

I may just list it on Craigslist.
If I can't sell it, I may look online for a new screen for it.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Sorry I havent got back to you on the screens. They were suppose to send me a sample and I haven't seen it yet....

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
I would love to replace the screen if I could.
Let me know as soon as you find out.

Peachs

Aug 9, 2011
Hey I am looking for a charger cord due to mine being destroyed by my dog. I tried to fix mine it worked for a lil bit but gave out.. so I need a new one and can't find on on line any where.. Please help??:cool::mad:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Technically, the kernel is what supports the display....is it the touch sensing portion or the display portion? And does anyone have internal shots of the connections? The kernel source I have lists model numbers for internal parts.

I believe they striped down the display of LCD_HSD070IDW1 (aka car lcd) normally comes cased in metal, they probably poped it out and threw it in. Touch sensitivity is TOUCHSCREEN_ADS7846 you could double check with a kernel build...these sound like 7in defaults.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Technically, the kernel is what supports the display....is it the touch sensing portion or the display portion? And does anyone have internal shots of the connections? The kernel source I have lists model numbers for internal parts.

I believe they striped down the display of LCD_HSD070IDW1 (aka car lcd) normally comes cased in metal, they probably poped it out and threw it in. Touch sensitivity is TOUCHSCREEN_ADS7846 you could double check with a kernel build...these sound like 7in defaults.
Here's one of the posts with a few links and images of the 7 inch 4 Wire Resistive Touch Panel and questionable replacement. - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/19182-help-please.html#post112537

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well the model I posted is in the kernel. essentially if the specs are the same the kernel can be made to use it. To double check, you run a kernel with only one touch screen driver or one display driver and see which it is. Btw check your g+.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum