Anyone tried this - Samsung 8" white android 2.2 tablet with stylus for $215

Mar 18, 2011
@ Dardoncas -- That Samsung CPU model is the SAME MODEL as all the 816 varieties, just in a different housing. I have that one too -- that one with Square Buttons is the BACK UP Housing for when the Round Button one runs out. That's all. Kindest jim

imediaviewer

Jan 4, 2011
Yes,currently,with ANDROID 2.2 OS,I think S5PV210 is the most stable one in the market, because I sent one with the S5PV210 CPU tablet to GERMAN for test, I got feedback 0 bug, there are some other solutions, more or less, still some bugs and problems. even some solutions promote the tablet to the market,but they can't be mass producing yet.

ANDROID 2.2 still mobile version,If the OS optimized well on MID, it's very good to play games, watch movies and chat on instant message. especially, instant messager SKYPE, most of tablets can't get call on the tablet. I tested it can call friends on skype and feedbacks voice quality good.

So, I advise that the tablet must bring you the good experience, otherwise,you will think the tablet is trash and never wana to buy one. so the market are different products, there must be some different between cheapers and expensivers. check with your retailer about the tablet and got some suggestions according to your requirements if possible.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
that samsung sspv210 tablet seems intriguing @215 with free shipping seems a good price and the tablet does have some nice features.
The company selling your last two tablets,stole 350.00 from my son and I
2 months ago,we two bought of their IS001413 A8 Cortex,they worked for about 3 hours,we sent back for 40.00 more, now they have had them back since Feb. 13th and still no refund or replacements.Do not let this happen to you!

mx2085mx

Jan 4, 2011
What would you guys say is the biggest drawback to the S5PV210? Or what area needs work to make it much better? cheers.

DarkHorizon

Apr 7, 2011
What would you guys say is the biggest drawback to the S5PV210? Or what area needs work to make it much better? cheers.

There are no real drawbacks for the price you pay as long as you get a decent one. The touch screen is fine once you get used to it. The tablet runs smoothly and is very stable. I have used it for web browsing, reading books / PDF's , youtube and games. Had no problems with any all ran fine. It came in full English version and connected to wireless easily and does not drop the connection.

The only issue with mine is the SD card slot appears to be faulty (Card won't click in place). Seller is sending me an SD card so I will use this to test it.

The only real drawbacks are no 3G or GPS built in which is clear enough and also it does not have an ethernet socket but these are not major issues. If you were to improve it a higher resolution capacitive screen would be handy but then it would not be as cheap as it is now.

camp0s

Jan 8, 2011
Were you able to root it? I have the same model and it's proving really difficoult :\