anyone tried www.cube-tablet.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Services Discussion' started by leo2575, Sep 6, 2012.

1. leo2575

leo2575 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cube U30GT (on the way)
    Wanted to know if anyone ordered tablets from onda-tablet.com or cube-tablet.com, I guess both are operated by the same vendor. The price of the U30GT(32GB) is 209$ and 20$ less than whats available in other sites. I did interact with the person and they are very prompt, but wasn't sure how reliable they are.

2. Mayeast

Mayeast Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cube U30GT
    Probably too late to help you but my advice is that cube-tablet.com are a sham. They don't deliver the advertised product which has Chinese apps and firmware. Their customer support is terrible, they give advice such as "Its easy, ask your friends". I had their Cube U30GT delivered to me and after I could not get it to download apps with the help of Android forums and their customer support they agreed for me to send the tablet back and they promised to refund me all costs including postage to and from me, however my refund ended up being for the tablet only leaving me out of pocket for over $80USD.
    cube-tablet.com are not worth the risk. I have no problems with the Chinese product, it is the lack of honesty of this company that I would like to warn prospective buyers about.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wal

Wal Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cube u30gt2 peas2
    I have pre=ordered my Cube U30gt2 on the 20/3/13 from cube-tablet.com . I have paid via paypal and requested express DHL delivery . I was kept well informed about my preorder.Their English is not so good but they are very helpfull and trying hard to please their customers I had no issue there you just need to have faith and be pacient . the advertised preorder was 1-2 weeks before item gets shipped. I received an email yesterday 1st March 13 (less than two weeks) that the item has been shipped via DHL with a ligit DHL tracking number. it is currently showing @ DHL SHENZHEN in china. I just can not wait to get my hand on this wee beastie,,lol . I think its one of the best tablets around using Retina screen and the 28nm RK3188 quad a9 chip. here is the link Link removed as it violates forum rules.
    Will keep u posting when it arrives here expecting next week some time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  4. douginarug

douginarug Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cube U30GT2
    I bought two u30gt2. One for my friend and one for me. It took longer than stated to ship them, but they offered to substitute the color to ship them sooner and that is what I did. I have had it a week and I really like it. The first five minutes it was a bit goofy with the touch screen. But it straightened out on it's own and has not done it since. It has plenty of storage 32G and seems quite quick (quad core, and 2g of ddr3 ram). I have installed about 20 apps so far from the play store. Most of them work flawlessly, a couple were not very responsive, but I wondered if that was just bad apps. I have only loaded free apps so far. The preloaded web browser works well. The games I have loaded run smooth. The videos play well and look great.

Cons: wifi is a bit weak, and the speaker could be louder.

To Mayeast, Every android manufacture has to customize the operating system to work on their device, that is a given. So yes, it has Chinese firmware. It does also have some Chinese apps, so I disabled/uninstalled some of them. I don't know chinese but it is not required to use it. Every thing I need is in english. I really think they did a great job on it. It is a nice replacement for my ipad.

I do fear the day that I would ever have a hardware issue, because it would cost a lot to send it back and forth across the ocean. But I considered this when buying it. I figure that for a half of the price of a comparable tablet, it was worth the risk.
    All in all, so far, no regrets.