Anyone Using Sygic GPS App Successfully with VTAB?

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I bought the Sygic GPS app that does not require a broadband connection in December. It worked fine at that time.

I never tested it after the Honeycomb update on my old VTAB.

Then Vizio replaced my VTAB because the HDMI port was not working.

Now, I cannot run the newly Downloaded Sygic program.

The Sygic support staff gave me a download to install the "Chinese Woman" file that was missing from many of their users machines. I got it downloaded and in the right file folder using their file path description. It was missing from my files.

The Sygic folks are stumped.

I still cannot open or therefore operate the Sygic system because the Chinese Woman language thingy is still viewed to be missing when I download the first map file.

I am trying to learn if anyone else has a similar problem, or no problem at all with Sygic.

Thanks for any help.

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
Ok, I have sideloaded an old version Sygic program and downloaded some maps while my Vizio was still using Gingerbread and was working OK without Wifi connection.

The program still works after the Honeycomb update! However, when I tried to change the default storage to SD Card. The program stopped working and ask me to download maps again. I didn't want to download maps again and changed back to Tablet memory as default storage and then Sygic found my maps and has been working since.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I downloaded NavFree. I have not used it yet. You have to download each state and it appears that it doesn't save the state after you shut down. It asks you to reload the state. I they want to sell you a paid version to save the data after shut down. Try it any let us know if it works.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Ok, I finally got Sygic reactivated with little help from the Sygic customer service beyond standard solutions.

Sygic installs a file called Aura that I was not aware was created by Sygic.

When I was uninstalling Sygic, those files were not deleted.

Once I learned the two things above, I uninstalled Sygic and deleted Aura, stored the new Sygic install solely on the internal SD card and it all worked, finally.