Anyone yet to use the Plex app for a500?

sontan

Apr 26, 2011
I was looking for a streaming app since netflix currently does not work. Anyone try PLex out? If so, does it work/look ok? What exactly can it do? does it just steam from the PC or does it has its own movies as well etc...?

Thanks

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I really like TV Show Stream. It has a huge selection of tv shows and it is a one time fee of 6 bucks I think. The free version has like 10 shows to try including all the simpsons.

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
I was looking for a streaming app since netflix currently does not work. Anyone try PLex out? If so, does it work/look ok? What exactly can it do? does it just steam from the PC or does it has its own movies as well etc...?

I don't have the A500 (yet) but I use Plex on the 7" Galaxy Tab ALL the time and it works great.
Streams all my TV shows / movies, but also has different plugins for online media and it works really well.

If you buy PlayOn (don't know if that works on Honeycomb), load that on your PC and load the client on your device you can stream Netflix to your android tablet.
I do that pretty regularly (again on the 7" Galaxy Tab) and that works really well as well, except it doesn't remember your position so the show restarts every time.

I'm planning on getting an A500 in the next few days, so I'll test both apps out and post back here with the results.

jrac86

May 2, 2011
Plex works great for me... depends on the wifi connection speed, but definately worth the purchase IMO.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum