Anything users need to do initiate ICS update on Acer Iconia A 500

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Backup thigns stored internally to be safe.

If you have used any roms, or leaks prior, be sure you can restore to the orginal bootloader, and get the market place update prior as well. IF you have a mismatched bootloader and recovery, you will have issues durign the third stage optimization during the update.

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
ICS base Homescreen was already based off of Honeycomb.

THe differences you will see are icons used, the widgets row in apps, the folders options.

THe other aspects are kernal changes for better speed. Many notice that when you have heavy live wallpapers you no longer have the drag slwo down when dragging icons.

stroppy

Apr 28, 2012
In case anyone is still having the "move to an area with better network coverage" message. I rang the Acer Iconia help desk this morning here in Australia. The assistant told me, candidly, that there are problems with the current update rollout and that Acer has pushed back offering further update downloads until May 17th...at least down here. I, for one, will wait. There have been many reports of weird problems in A500s post the first official ICS updates so I'd rather be safe than sorry.