Anyway to txt message from the 7022?

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 2 Technical' started by FCastle1974, Jul 4, 2011.

1. FCastle1974

FCastle1974 Member

I was wondering if there was anyway to send and receive texts with this tablet.Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

2. nba1341

nba1341 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID7022
    hi the best way is google voice which you get your very own phone number in whatever area code u choose. you cam text from it as well as make free unlimited calls anywhere in the usago to google.com/voice and log in using your gmail/android account. u need to link the number u make with a cell or home phoneonce u do that install google voice from the market and your good to go. free texts and free calls (not sure it calls works on 7022 but should from google.com/vpice regardless)

3. BornToEatToast

BornToEatToast Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID7022
    Confirmed this works on the MID7022 (non-rooted). I installed the apk package from the xda site xda-developers - View Single Post - I got Google Voice working. Market would not show google voice as a download, i'm guessing since it doesn't recognize the tablet as a phone.
    After installing the above modded Voice apk, it works!
    Just texting though, not voice calls.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. nba1341

nba1341 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID7022
    Thank you for providing the link!

5. FCastle1974

FCastle1974 Member

Right now I am deciding to go with skype for calls and I am using kiK messenger for my (txt) messinging. KiK is basically an instant messenger but its really quick and works well on the tablet plus both skype and KiK are free . Only downside is your contacts have to have either program as well oh well the sacrifice for free stuff :)

6. powerwalk

powerwalk Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros 7015
    Last week I installed a free app, TextPlus, easily available with a search, and there is both free and paid version. It works well and you have unlimited and free texting from a telephone number they give you. The app uses your wifi connection to send and receive. It notifies you on your home page if someone has sent you a message. It's fast in sending and receiving. I highly recommend it.