Apad GPS Tablet E900 iRobot troubleshooting

eljainc

Aug 9, 2010

Hello,

We purchased this Tablet PC to develop some tablet computing applications. The Tablet
is the Apad GPS Tablet E900 iRobot. Now this particular device comes with Windows CE.
We are open to using the Android platform.

My main question is the following:

We purchased this on eBay and have had a problem with it. It initially worked, but now since turning it on, there is no WiFi signal anymore. I am going to actually have it in my
hands here in a few hours so I should be able to test/troubleshoot it.

Has anybody else had this problem and found a fix for it? Also the right/left scrolling through the icons has been reportedly found not to work either. Is there a solution for this one?

In general are people pretty happy with this Tablet PC? Is there any way that Android can be put onto this device? I am more familiar with Windows PC (WinXP, not too much CE) programming using .NET 2.X. How does the programming under Android compare to that of Visual Studio .NET for tablets? Any comments are appreciated here.

Thanks much!
Mike

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Never heard of this one before. But the description is for a Samsung 533 MHz processor, which isn't really that good for much. I wouldn't expect build quality to be very good either. I don't like buying tablets off eBay because it's difficult to gauge if the tablets are good or not.