APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
Hey folks,

sorry to flood this thread, but has anybody gotten #370 to flash successfully? Every time I try, it bricks my m701. #333 seems to work well.

Please share if you've managed to flash #370

Thanks

Dave

koppit

Apr 26, 2010
Hey folks,

sorry to flood this thread, but has anybody gotten #370 to flash successfully? Every time I try, it bricks my m701. #333 seems to work well.

Please share if you've managed to flash #370

Thanks

Dave

370 works for me.. I got the download from wiipad.

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
370 works for me.. I got the download from wiipad.

Did they send you a link you can share? I tried a few different ROM rars posted here with little success, thankfully I can always flash back to #333. Flashing 370 always leaves me in a state where I cannot boot.

D

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone been able to flash this from Windows 7? FWDN doesn't show files in the list window wehn I add them under 7, even when running under XP compatibility mode.

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
Has anyone been able to flash this from Windows 7? FWDN doesn't show files in the list window wehn I add them under 7, even when running under XP compatibility mode.

I ran the update from an old PC running XP. Let me know if you get this to work under windows 7

Dave

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
I read in another forum that the secret was to use the NAND Data.fai and lkXXX.rom from an older ROM and the tc8900XX.img from the 370 file. Can you confirm this?

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
I need to send my M701 back but I need to erase my personal data first. When I try to do a Factory Reset the M701 just turns off and doesn't erase anything. Has anyone gotten this to work? Is there another way to erase everything? I've tried flashing a new rom but I don't seem to be able to get that to work.
TIA,
Jim

BTW, my rom is version is 316 which is a very early version. This might be the source of my problems.

Last edited:

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
I need to send my M701 back but I need to erase my personal data first. When I try to do a Factory Reset the M701 just turns off and doesn't erase anything. Has anyone gotten this to work? Is there another way to erase everything? I've tried flashing a new rom but I don't seem to be able to get that to work.
TIA,
Jim

BTW, my rom is version is 316 which is a very early version. This might be the source of my problems.

Hi Jim

flash a ROM over it following the instruction starting at page 8 - I had most luck with #333

D

koppit

Apr 26, 2010
cdndave: 2010.08.25.zip - uploading right now. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to link the original, it requires me to log in with their credentials. Not sure if the Wiipad edition is any different, so I take no responsibility for this rom.

it's 7:15 now - it will be done by 7:45.

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
Hi Jim

flash a ROM over it following the instruction starting at page 8 - I had most luck with #333

D

Hi D,
I've tried 333 and 370 and every variation I could find but it always gets stuck and won't finish the flash.
Thanks anywho,
Jim

splintercraig

Aug 20, 2010
I just order the apad 7001 from merimobiles today (9-1-2010), they email back several hours after the order was complete and confirmation e-mails were sent to me, that the 3 digit credit card code was not enter and that i need to redo the transition. Money has been taken off my debit card from them and they sent my confirmation a e-mail. I e-mail them back that it is impossible to complete a transaction on there on web site with out complete all the required forms in full. I also paid 35 dollars for 3-5 business days deliver.

So has any one ordered anything at all form me merimobiles.com and received there purchase.

PS: I'll keep this forum updated as where this situation stands. Right now i am waiting on a response to the e-mail i sent and i will call tomorrow.

amplogik

Aug 26, 2010
I'm having the same problem as jimmcghee and a few others by the look of it. I followed the instructions, checked them against the video, and everything works until the boot process finishes, then the M701 stays stuck at the HAIPAD screen and the NAND Data area button never lights up.

I don't get any lines of text on boot, it just powers on and goes immediately to the HAIPAD boot screen.

Thankfully, it doesn't overwrite anything, so I can still boot 320 as shipped, but for the life of me, I can't get it to load anything past the boot rom.

I've tried three different updates, and none of them work past booting the device to the HAIPAD screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running the FDWN_V7 under vista 32 bit with XP compatibility mode. Could this be the reason it fails?