APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
I'm having the same problem as jimmcghee and a few others by the look of it. I followed the instructions, checked them against the video, and everything works until the boot process finishes, then the M701 stays stuck at the HAIPAD screen and the NAND Data area button never lights up.

I don't get any lines of text on boot, it just powers on and goes immediately to the HAIPAD boot screen.

Exactly the same for me (Windows 7 64-bit, XP SP2 compatibilty). I was blaming it on my drivers (I am not using the VTC drivers that came in the rom bundle - no x64 version). I can't get it to do anything at the Haipad screen and FDWN doesn't seem aware that the device at all.

For those of you having issues getting FDWN to add the rom files to the list window, make sure you run FDWN out of a simple directory without any Chinese characters (eg C:\FDWN\).

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
I just order the apad 7001 from merimobiles today (9-1-2010), they email back several hours after the order was complete and confirmation e-mails were sent to me, that the 3 digit credit card code was not enter and that i need to redo the transition. Money has been taken off my debit card from them and they sent my confirmation a e-mail. I e-mail them back that it is impossible to complete a transaction on there on web site with out complete all the required forms in full. I also paid 35 dollars for 3-5 business days deliver.

So has any one ordered anything at all form me merimobiles.com and received there purchase.

PS: I'll keep this forum updated as where this situation stands. Right now i am waiting on a response to the e-mail i sent and i will call tomorrow.

I also had an issue this morning from merimobiles.com. I ordered a Herotab RK7, got confirmation emails and everything. Then I get an email from Phillips from merimobiles. It was stating that there was no Gsensor in the Herotab while the title and even specifications stated that there is a Gsensor in the device!! I replied back saying that and to suggest a similarly operating tablet. I'm leaning towards the Wits now. UGH.

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
Can you adb into the device? If you can adb, you should be able to use adb shell and remove your data from /data and /cache respectively

I found the adb tutorial page and downloaded sdk and the driver but when I plug in the device and point the 'Newfound Hardware Wizard' at usb_driver/android_winusb.inf that I downloaded it states the location does not contain any information about my hardware. Do I need a usb driver specific to my M701? Can someone point me to a driver that works with an M701? Is it something about XP?

splintercraig

Aug 20, 2010
Well it turns out the i was at fault and merimobiles.com is a excellent web site because they help me get the issue resovled fast and i will get my money back soon:). On a different note did archos just blow all of these tablet completely out of the water.Check these soon to be released tablets out. ARCHOS .Can any body here tell me that one thing that is a virtue.

amplogik

Aug 26, 2010
I did manage to get adb from the android sdk talking to the haipad M701. However, the problem was that the android drivers for windows x64 bit just did not want to install on windows 7 for love nor money. I tried the UAC workaround, and was just about ready to pull out all my hair before I discovered a post on the android developer list about an application called PDAnet.

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android

PDANet for windows x64 installs android bridge drivers that work perfectly on windows 7 64bit Pro. After you install it, you can uninstall the app, but the drivers are left behind.

After installing PDAnet, don't bother starting it up, just open a command terminal and cd into your SDK bin directory, plug in your haipad usb to your computer and type:

adb devices

your device should show up as it's serial number.

from then on, you can use the adb command to install, remove and edit packages.

I haven't been able to get the flash utility to work on Vista or Win7 but getting the android SDK set up, and adb going was easy as pie after I found the drivers from the PDANet application.

Hope this helps anyone else having trouble getting adb or the SDK to work.

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
I did manage to get adb from the android sdk talking to the haipad M701. However, the problem was that the android drivers for windows x64 bit just did not want to install on windows 7 for love nor money. I tried the UAC workaround, and was just about ready to pull out all my hair before I discovered a post on the android developer list about an application called PDAnet.

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android

PDANet for windows x64 installs android bridge drivers that work perfectly on windows 7 64bit Pro. After you install it, you can uninstall the app, but the drivers are left behind.

After installing PDAnet, don't bother starting it up, just open a command terminal and cd into your SDK bin directory, plug in your haipad usb to your computer and type:

adb devices

your device should show up as it's serial number.

from then on, you can use the adb command to install, remove and edit packages.

I haven't been able to get the flash utility to work on Vista or Win7 but getting the android SDK set up, and adb going was easy as pie after I found the drivers from the PDANet application.

Hope this helps anyone else having trouble getting adb or the SDK to work.

Installing PDANet loaded the driver which made Dorid Explorer work except that it wouldn't delete files but I was then able to use adb to delete the files.
Thanks for the help,
Jim

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
I also had an issue this morning from merimobiles.com. I ordered a Herotab RK7, got confirmation emails and everything. Then I get an email from Phillips from merimobiles. It was stating that there was no Gsensor in the Herotab while the title and even specifications stated that there is a Gsensor in the device!! I replied back saying that and to suggest a similarly operating tablet. I'm leaning towards the Wits now. UGH.

Same thing happened to me except they also said that the Herotab doesn't have multi touch (pinch to zoom). They wanted to send a M7002 instead but I waited to long to respond the email and they sent the Herotab anyway. Anyone know if the gsensor and multitouch can be made to work on the Herotab?
Thanks,
Jim

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Same thing happened to me except they also said that the Herotab doesn't have multi touch (pinch to zoom). They wanted to send a M7002 instead but I waited to long to respond the email and they sent the Herotab anyway. Anyone know if the gsensor and multitouch can be made to work on the Herotab?
Thanks,
Jim

How long did you wait? Did you wait more than the 2-3 days it would take to process the order before they actually ship? You can try and just refuse the package when it arrives but i would also email/phone merimobiles telling them you want to exchange.

amplogik

Aug 26, 2010
Ok, this is making me mental. I have now tried the flashing steps, exactly step by step following the video, and trying the various flavors of the instructions here, on all of windows XP, windows vista, windows 7, and even an old copy of 2000. The bottom line is that I can get the device to boot off the rom file loaded in FDWN, but after it boots as far as the splash screen, it never, ever, ever lights up the Area Map / NAND Data button no matter what I try. It simply does not work. I've now watched 3 videos, tried 4 Operating Systems, several different USB cables, and 4 different firmware releases. It does not work.

I have a feeling that either there is something either wrong with the current version of FDWN, or that there is some sort of problem with my M701 that it won't step into flash mode after booting from the ROM file loaded in FDWN.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know others have mentioned this problem too, so I'm sure a lot of us would be grateful for any clue as to what to do.

Is there an alternative to FDWN, or maybe an older version somewhere we could try?

I'm rapidly running out of patience.

OK! Success. Ye Gods! It was faulty mini USB cables. I tried one last time, pulling the mini USB cable off my PS3, and it worked. I seriously went through 6 mini usb cables before I found one that worked. It works now on XP, Vista and 7. I tried each one. It does work. The FDWN program is ULTRA picky about USB cables. Curiously, the cable I was using for my PS3 charger wasn't even the most expensive cable. Probably the cheapest. It is however the only one that works.

So if anyone else is pulling their hair out, this is the fix. Keep trying different USB cables until it works.

The

Last edited:

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
Ok, this is making me mental. I have now tried the flashing steps, exactly step by step following the video, and trying the various flavors of the instructions here, on all of windows XP, windows vista, windows 7, and even an old copy of 2000. The bottom line is that I can get the device to boot off the rom file loaded in FDWN, but after it boots as far as the splash screen, it never, ever, ever lights up the Area Map / NAND Data button no matter what I try. It simply does not work. I've now watched 3 videos, tried 4 Operating Systems, several different USB cables, and 4 different firmware releases. It does not work.

I have a feeling that either there is something either wrong with the current version of FDWN, or that there is some sort of problem with my M701 that it won't step into flash mode after booting from the ROM file loaded in FDWN.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know others have mentioned this problem too, so I'm sure a lot of us would be grateful for any clue as to what to do.

Is there an alternative to FDWN, or maybe an older version somewhere we could try?

I'm rapidly running out of patience.

May I ask what firmware release your M701 currently has?

mingnon

Aug 18, 2010
okay flashing as per instructions (except plugged into charger) followed all instructions, tried multiple usb cables, all i get is whats in the pic, has been sitting there for last 15minutes, any ideas?

Attachments

• $Untitled.jpg
    $Untitled.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

mingnon

Aug 18, 2010
okay flashing as per instructions (except plugged into charger) followed all instructions, tried multiple usb cables, all i get is whats in the pic, has been sitting there for last 15minutes, any ideas?

got sick of waiting, and figured if i stuffed it, i stuffed it. Device wouldnt turn on after disconecting etc.

Changed step 4 in the instructions from
4) Run FWDN_V7_v2.09.exe, choose the "DEBUG-LEVEL format & verification before download" option.
to the following option
"default download"
flashed first time
Flashing on Windows 7 32bit Professional

Attachments

• $solved.jpg
    $solved.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 446