APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010
Okay Guys, i am sorry to ask this now but I really need to cause my englisch is not really good so i cant read AND understand all the 17 pages before.

I have gotten my E7002 today from Merimobiles and I am very pleased.
Its the one with the black Back.
Now i have read that there is a new firware for this pad.

- How do i find out which Firmware is on my Pad NOW?
- Can I really use a USB Internet Stick or what does you mean with 3G Support? (Which Sticks?)
- Is it harder to update the pad then upgrading the E7001?
- Is there a Instruction which works 100%?

Thats my Questions so far

Would be great if someone coul answer :)

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
I've gone through 10 USB cables and I can get the tablet recognized in FWDN. "Device Probing" comes up and never goes away.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
thanks RodSter!

i checked the link you provided ...

• so, do you guys think it is a safe assumption believe that there is only one manufacturer (Haipad?) and everybody (pandawill, euogo, etc.) buy from the same source ... is it also right to say that the core functions (chipset, etc.) are always the same but then these reseller could beef up by placing a better battery ot metal case ... or instead everything must be the same ???
  • i have put my eyes on G10 or whateverit is called ... by the way why the mane are so confusing, it seems that "HaiPad MID M701" (from the above link) is the same as "G10 Hipad" (from euogo.com) and the same as "Gpad G10 E7002" (from Fastcardtech) but not the same as "Haipad M701" (again from Fastcardtech) ... why the reseller they messed up the names and actually switched between 2 models ???
  • how about the built in storage: euogo says 2 GB, haipas says 2/4/8/16/32G, fastcardtech says 2G
  • how about the battery: euogo says 3000mA, haipad says 1600mA, fastcardtech says 2600mA
does it have to be so difficult?

PS: i read some post earlier on this website being extra friendly to some sellers ... can anyone explain why when i write a specific website, a nice tag and comment automatically format what i have typed?

From what I understand the original manufacturer is Haipad and they also offer the 2/4/8/16 gig versions. They then sell the device onto re-sellers who then re-brand the device. It looks to me that Fastcardtech has numerous suppliers possibly selling the same "re-branded" device. Some with less functions than others. Some with multitouch, some without. So you need to be careful what you buy.

These devices have become so popular now and to be honest EVERYBODY is buying and re-selling these devices at different prices and different names and even different configurations so it's becoming very confusing.

Lastly, I have written to Fastcardtech asking about these differences and they have not answered PLUS I noticed they do not offer free shipping on their products. Personally I would not deal with this company. I would rather deal with merimobiles.com or Pandawill because they at least answer your questions and/or try to offer assistance and they offer free shipping on their products or express via DHL for a small extra cost.

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
How did you root your device with this if you cannot connect your device? Sorry I am new with all this but would like to know the process you took with the attached files?

I can connect with ADB fine. I just can't get FWDN to recognize the device. You don't need to flash it to root it.

To root the device, you should just need to boot the device normally, connect it via usb and run the root.bat file in the zip I linked to.

Last edited:

vdonatiello

Jun 17, 2010
From what I understand the original manufacturer is Haipad and they also offer the 2/4/8/16 gig versions. They then sell the device onto re-sellers who then re-brand the device. It looks to me that Fastcardtech has numerous suppliers possibly selling the same "re-branded" device. Some with less functions than others. Some with multitouch, some without. So you need to be careful what you buy.

These devices have become so popular now and to be honest EVERYBODY is buying and re-selling these devices at different prices and different names and even different configurations so it's becoming very confusing.

Lastly, I have written to Fastcardtech asking about these differences and they have not answered PLUS I noticed they do not offer free shipping on their products. Personally I would not deal with this company. I would rather deal with merimobiles.com or Pandawill because they at least answer your questions and/or try to offer assistance and they offer free shipping on their products or express via DHL for a small extra cost.

thanks for taking the time RodSter ...
let me try to understand clearly ...
Haipad suppose to be the manufacturer ... then he gives to different people who assemble and sell then to the online sellers such as Pandawill, Merimobile, ecc...
  • who install the built in memory 2G, 4G, etc.... Haipad i suppose?
  • who install the touch screen ... Haipad or other suppliers?
  • who install the Firmware ... Haipad or other suppliers?
  • who decide which battery or case ... other supplier i suppose?
you are right, it is getting complicated to compare these iPad ... i suppose i dont need to mind about the CPU clock 700 or 800Mhz because there are all the same from the same manufacturer ... what i need to focus instead is memory, battery, case ... what else i should concentrate to compare different online proposals???

PS: do you have any comments regarding the sellers links which automatically turn into "nice large sellers description" ?

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
thanks for taking the time RodSter ...
let me try to understand clearly ...
Haipad suppose to be the manufacturer ... then he gives to different people who assemble and sell then to the online sellers such as Pandawill, Merimobile, ecc...
  • who install the built in memory 2G, 4G, etc.... Haipad i suppose?
  • who install the touch screen ... Haipad or other suppliers?
  • who install the Firmware ... Haipad or other suppliers?
  • who decide which battery or case ... other supplier i suppose?
you are right, it is getting complicated to compare these iPad ... i suppose i dont need to mind about the CPU clock 700 or 800Mhz because there are all the same from the same manufacturer ... what i need to focus instead is memory, battery, case ... what else i should concentrate to compare different online proposals???

PS: do you have any comments regarding the sellers links which automatically turn into "nice large sellers description" ?

This IS China we're talking about :) Land of the electronic "Knockoffs" :)

As far as I know, Haipad is the manufacturer and they will build the device to whatever spec you require and the cost will be according to spec BUT basically all these MID's are based on the M701 Model but they will come with different screens, battery's internal memory and even RAM.

To be honest you really don't know what you're getting, so it's best to buy from reputable re-sellers like merimobiles or Pandawill who provide support for their products. I have only heard good things about these companies and I personally purchased from Pandawill and had a great experience and received a quality product.

You need to think what you're going to be using the device for and how much power you need. Right now, in my opinion the GPad G10 is one of the best out there for the price.

ascottk

Sep 7, 2010
I've gone through 10 USB cables and I can get the tablet recognized in FWDN. "Device Probing" comes up and never goes away.

Have you tried this (I originally posted this at slatedroid):
Haipad M701 Flash new rom... HELP

repost:

For the m701 (haipad/g10/red led with no home button) there are a few ways to get fwdn working:
  • turn off switch (make sure power adapter is plugged in)
  • plug in usb to pc
  • hold menu button (button with home icon)
  • turn on switch
  • assuming your fwdn drivers are installed then fwdn will probe the device

another way is similar but more complicated:
  • make sure device is powered off with power adapter plugged in
  • turn switch on
  • press and hold power button then press & hold menu button
  • keep holding until the device does not go past the boot screen
  • plug in usb to pc
  • fwdn should probe the device

If you're have problems with fwdn showing blank window while probing or similar problems:
  • If you have a digital camera (I have a sanyo c40) or device with removable storage (NOT another android device) plug it in the the computer and mount/unmount the storage if fwdn gets stuck (needs more testing)
  • try different mini usb cables

I managed to upgrade to #370 from #316 when I was mounting/un-mounting my sd card from my camera. I guess fwdn needed a reminder that it's trying to do its job . . .

EDIT: the second method works better. The first method keeps booting past the boot screen.
EDIT: BTW, I had to do the Market fix for #370 with the emulator/adb method.

I too had similar problems & I tried 3 different usb cables. It'd be nice to know if mounting/unmounting a different device works for you too.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
I too had similar problems & I tried 3 different usb cables. It'd be nice to know if mounting/unmounting a different device works for you too.

I saw you other post and I did try to sync mu Fuji camera to see if it would make any difference but I had no luck.

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
can anyone comment on an issue Im having.

I have a Pandawill G10 and I have a SNES emulator from my phone that I used to run.
When I install the app and play the file the game run slow, like walking through mud slow. if I don't press anything at all the game runs find and at the right pace but when i interact with the controls the game is back to mud speed.

Is this just the nature of the tablet? it can't keep up with the game.
Is there anything I can try to get the emulator to run faster? (I have re-installed, updated, played with resolution settings, changes games, and generally trouble shot the thing) I'm just looking for a tip or trick form someone who has done the same thing.

ascottk

Sep 7, 2010
can anyone comment on an issue Im having.

I have a Pandawill G10 and I have a SNES emulator from my phone that I used to run.
When I install the app and play the file the game run slow, like walking through mud slow. if I don't press anything at all the game runs find and at the right pace but when i interact with the controls the game is back to mud speed.

Is this just the nature of the tablet? it can't keep up with the game.
Is there anything I can try to get the emulator to run faster? (I have re-installed, updated, played with resolution settings, changes games, and generally trouble shot the thing) I'm just looking for a tip or trick form someone who has done the same thing.

There has been some posts about the g10 having a laggy touch screen & I had the same issue. Find a usb keypad & change the key bindings inside the emulator. If only we could plug in a game pad!

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
There has been some posts about the g10 having a laggy touch screen & I had the same issue. Find a usb keypad & change the key bindings inside the emulator. If only we could plug in a game pad!

Classic USB Super Nintendo Controller for pc

would love to know if this works, it should in theory. . .

Also there is an app that will connect a Wii controller to your phone (market) but it may run off of Bluetooth and a G10 does not support that. BUT would like to know if that works anyway IF ANYONE HAS TRIED IT?