APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

cotang

Sep 9, 2010
Ok, I did the flash update and I couldn't select the debug in the drop down menu so I left it. Not sure if that going to be a problem. It went ok but now everything is in Chinese and I don't know where to change the language....

Update, found the setting to change it to english.....so is it ok if I didn't selecvt debug?

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone been able to get the HTC Sense keyboard to install on this version of android? All of the Apk's that I've found for HTC_IME require a lib*.so, and I think they're for the wrong cpu architecture.

dineshbhogle

Sep 10, 2010
Is this update #370 applicable to Gpad G10?
Any specific instructions to upgrade the ROM or is it the same??
Has any one of you successfully updated their Gpad G10 with #370???
Please let me know.
Thanks.....

wertigos

Sep 3, 2010
Hello distant friends!
First of all allow to thank community and hosters for so useful resource.

Further, before to program the device, it is good to make a backup copy.

1. How to make NANDroid backup on this platform?
2. Before to make NANDroid backup, it is necessary to be able to make Recovery boot. How to make it on this platform?
3. After the backup copy of all contents of internal memory is made, it is possible to do experiments (then not to cry - help me...)

Therefore I ask to let know in advance... :)

Thanks you!

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Is this update #370 applicable to Gpad G10?
Any specific instructions to upgrade the ROM or is it the same??
Has any one of you successfully updated their Gpad G10 with #370???
Please let me know.
Thanks.....

Gpad G10 and Haipad m701 are the same thing, firmware is interchangeable.

Sep 10, 2010
First this is not a bashing session, just some current info which what I have.

I have spoken to Phillip many times recently regarding this issue so I wanted some feedback from some other people who may have bought this:

So I bought this recently.

APAD E7002/G10/M701 Multitouch android 2.11080p Gsensor Market +Free Case

Now the issues I am having:

1: Speakers won't work
2: Gsensor doesn't work in games and has a 30 second delay
3: Unit randomly turns off
4: Unit locks up when it tries for force stop apps forcing shutdown.
5: The specs I see with some spec programs don't match what I bought.

Now I downloaded two spec programs from the store and ran them. This is a pic from the first one, I will post the other one later when I get home plus some others.

systemspecs.jpg

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that does not match what I see advertised.

RAM: 148 MB
HD: 291 MB

It's supposed to have 256MB RAM and 2GB HD.

I tried downloading a 400 MB file and it said it did not have room, so I put in an SD card.

Anyone who has one of these can you run a spec program and let me know what you came up with.

Just to note I have been in discussions with Phillip from Merimobiles about a refund or about exchanging the unit for another one, however if I do get an exchange I want to make sure I get a working unit and one that has the right specs.

On another note too, I bought this to show my boss so we could potentially purchase more for people in the office and this broken machine made me look VERY VERY bad during the presentation. I felt like a swindled idiot. Needless to say they were not impressed and we won't be buying any more right now.

Your info is greatly appreciated.

cotang

Sep 9, 2010
My honest Opinion is to NOT buy these for work but for personal development. The reason I say this is because of all the research I've done on these things, these are what I consider prototype slates the people slap together to make a quick buck. I would honestly wait for the HP (if they ever come out with one) or the notion ink. Of course there will be a lot more company to come out with some within the next couple months so you would have a bigger choice. Stick with a windows operating system for the work because it would be a easier migration for the people who are use to windows unless all the peep in your company are techies.

My 2 cent....

Jay_

Aug 30, 2010
Many thanks to codf4therq for the flash guide, now I have it running on #370, Sweet! ( Funny enough, I did not have to use the camera usb mount trick, it all just went right thru )

So here's what I'm still stuck with:

1) Can't install google maps update. Get a "package file was not signed correctly" error. How to overcome that?
2) G-Sensor: Anyone tried the famous Labyrinth game on this thing? The tilt axises are all messed up, what do you guys get?
3) Multitouch: I can pinch to zoom in the gallery but apps such as 'Multitouch Visualizer 2' actually jump to the middle position between the 2 touch points. Is that what you guys get?
4) Anyone successfully used a 3g usb stick with this thing? Which model? I've seen a couple of models listed as compatible but they're chinese.

Any help appreciated!

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
My honest Opinion is to NOT buy these for work but for personal development. The reason I say this is because of all the research I've done on these things, these are what I consider prototype slates the people slap together to make a quick buck. I would honestly wait for the HP (if they ever come out with one) or the notion ink. Of course there will be a lot more company to come out with some within the next couple months so you would have a bigger choice. Stick with a windows operating system for the work because it would be a easier migration for the people who are use to windows unless all the peep in your company are techies.

My 2 cent....
The windows slates are even worse. I agree that these tablets are slapped together pretty quickly but communities like these always keep slates alive by creating firmware on their own that sometimes surpasses the manufacturer's. Buying them for non-techie people is indeed definitly not a good idea but if you have the time to fiddle with them why not?

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010
Okay Guys, i am sorry to ask this now but I really need to cause my englisch is not really good so i cant read AND understand all the 17 pages before.

I have gotten my E7002 today from Merimobiles and I am very pleased.
Its the one with the black Back.
Now i have read that there is a new firware for this pad.

- How do i find out which Firmware is on my Pad NOW?
- Can I really use a USB Internet Stick or what does you mean with 3G Support? (Which Sticks?)
- Is it harder to update the pad then upgrading the E7001?Is there an instruction which 100% works?

Thats my Questions so far

Would be great if someone could answer :)

Last edited:

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Optional Notes:
a) you can root the device using the package from here (Created by Asure for the HSG (X5A/X6) & Pandawill G11, but works for us as well)

Hey codf4therq,

I took the jump and updated to 370 and everything works as expected. Thanks a Lot!

I want to try and root the device now and I have tried using the file you mentioned above but cannot get it to work. I followed Asure's instructions as well but keep getting the error "device not found". Please can you assist me with this project?