APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Thanks RodSter appreciate the help,
his may be a silly question, how do you root this device? :)

thanks again

jtbnet

Jun 21, 2010
Have you tried 'Universal Androot'?
Universal Androot 1.6.1 released «

Rooting couldn't be easier IF this works on this device... I can't say for sure as don't have one one of these but I was pleasently surprised when this worked like a charm on my ZT-180 tablets... so worth a shot as saves a lot of time if it works...

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks RodSter appreciate the help,
his may be a silly question, how do you root this device? :)

thanks again

Look over here: [Official] Telechips 7" TCC890x (HSG X5A / X6 / Pandawill G11) rooting/hacking thread

It also works on the G10.

Scroll down to this and follow instructions: Make sure you have Java Installed :)

ROOT+SetCPU! (8-10-2010)
Full package w/ adb for windows & batch file for rooting:
- Removed, doesn't work properly! -
Modified INF file for ADB driver:
http://www.zonko.nl/files/tcc/usb_inf_X5A.zip
How to:
- Enable USB debugging
- Install the driver from my usb_inf_X5A.zip (2k/xp/32 bits)
- Unzip root_setcpu_X5A.zip into C:\rootfiles
- Start a command prompt and do cd /rootfiles, then root.bat
- You should get no errors, and after the reboot, your X5A should be rooted.
- Note, SetCPU does not seem to work properly.

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010
Settings -> About Device -> Kernel Version
look for the 3 numbers after the # sign. Should be 333, 370 or something like that.
Hey my 3 Numbers after the # are 333
Is this the neweset Version?
And could you answers these questions too?

- Can I really use a USB Internet Stick or what does you mean with 3G Support? (Which Sticks?)
- Is it harder to update the pad then upgrading the E7001?Is there an instruction which 100% works?

Thanks

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Hey my 3 Numbers after the # are 333
Is this the neweset Version?
370 is the newest version that I know of (download on page 8 of this thread). Its much more responsive but a bit more unstable in my experience. Definitely worth the upgrade.

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
hi folks

anyone know of a android app to handle contacts, and syncs with outlook, i dont like gmail so i prefer any other app.

thanks in advance

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
370 is the newest version that I know of (download on page 8 of this thread). Its much more responsive but a bit more unstable in my experience. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Does anybody know if there will be a Custom ROM made for this device?

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010

Thank you.
Is there an Instruction working 100%?Someone already made a Video?
And does the new 370 Firmware support USB Internet Sticks?Or what does the 3G mean some pages before?

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you.
Is there an Instruction working 100%?Someone already made a Video?
And does the new 370 Firmware support USB Internet Sticks?Or what does the 3G mean some pages before?

There are about 3 different variations of instructions in this thread that worked 100% at the time for the person using them. Unfortunately you'll have to try them and see what works for you.

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010
Thank you sounds good.
One last question:
Is it possible to use USB-Internet-Sticks with the Pad with firmware #370?
And which sticks were succesfully tested if?

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to get rid of the gpad g10 calling the system EL TELCO LOCO
it starts becoming annoying

thanks

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Woohoo... updated to ROM #370 and rooted..... change the LCD Density to 180 dpi. Now everything just seems to what I expect. When will Android 2.2 roms will be in?

Next step is to remap some USB keyboard for specific function like BACK, MENU and HOME.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk