APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

Martijn

Sep 15, 2010
Woohoo... updated to ROM #370 and rooted..... change the LCD Density to 180 dpi. Now everything just seems to what I expect. When will Android 2.2 roms will be in?

Next step is to remap some USB keyboard for specific function like BACK, MENU and HOME.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

How did you root it and changed the density?

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Once you device is rooted.... then you can use a software "LCD Density Changer". You can find the software from XDA Developer forum. Try to google it. Been experimenting with it.... I find that 200 DPI is da best.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
You can root using few method. Look back a few page you'll get the link.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
New Firmware posted this morning. I haven't tested this yet, won't get to flash it until tonight:

Google Translate

M701 Latest firmware
Software Language: English
File Size: 10
Finishing Date: 2010/9/15
Downloads: 1563
:: Download::
┊ Download Address ┊

:: Download Description::
This is the latest M701 firmware, support WCDMA and EVDO:
EVDO list:
HUAWEI EC122
ZTE AC2766
ZTE AC580
SINCOM SE 189-U
Gemtek W3GUBV-100
WCDMA list:
HUAWEI E180
HUAWEI E1750

Upgrade instructions a little bit different, and on the WIFI MAC ADDRESS set piece, please upgrade to record their own WIFI MAC ADDRESS, in the setting, WIFI advanced options where you can find; to fill OUI / NIC value, fill in the line of control.
As the web server problem, temporarily on the hard disk firmware on the network;

Links: http://u.115.com/file/f467ee7ff0

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
How did you root it and changed the density?

thanks to Rodster he helped me with this here is his instruction which worked

Look over here: [Official] Telechips 7" TCC890x (HSG X5A / X6 / Pandawill G11) rooting/hacking thread

It also works on the G10.

Scroll down to this and follow instructions: Make sure you have Java Installed :)

ROOT+SetCPU! (8-10-2010)
Full package w/ adb for windows & batch file for rooting:
- Removed, doesn't work properly! -
Modified INF file for ADB driver:
http://www.zonko.nl/files/tcc/usb_inf_X5A.zip
How to:
- Enable USB debugging
- Install the driver from my usb_inf_X5A.zip (2k/xp/32 bits)
- Unzip root_setcpu_X5A.zip into C:\rootfiles
- Start a command prompt and do cd /rootfiles, then root.bat
- You should get no errors, and after the reboot, your X5A should be rooted.
- Note, SetCPU does not seem to work properly.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Just updated to the latest 914 firmware. it is great. touch screen is much improved and responsive. there is now a home icon in ih the top task tray so retun to home much easier. over all much faster and nicer to use.
I have found that when i updated the firmware i was unable to use the new Nand data.fai files to create a nand partition but i was able to use the original one supplied with the #320 firmware. So I have used the original to update to #370 and now #914 and it seems to be fine.
Great stuff

Ganstakillerz

Sep 15, 2010
Hi All,

Brought a HaiPad MID M701 (Moonse E7002) which has Android 2.1 installed. Unfortunately even though the demo video showed multi-touch my one wasn't working. having read through the forum I realised I had firmware version 188 (if this is possible) much lower than the reported firmware used here.

I downloaded the firmware from ????--www.haipad.net and followed the instructions.

I've tried several firmware, difference cables, different computers and I always get the following error.

[error] CFwdnPort::FWDN_Response: Read_data_failure
[error] CFwdnPort::DEVICE_Init: FWDN Response failure
Device Init - Failure
Download Session - Ending....
[Error] CFwdnPort::FWDN_Command: Fwdn Command failure (0/32)

The unit won't boot-up now. I press the power button on and the device will show a green light then red and then turn off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martijn

Sep 15, 2010
thanks to Rodster he helped me with this here is his instruction which worked

Look over here: [Official] Telechips 7" TCC890x (HSG X5A / X6 / Pandawill G11) rooting/hacking thread

It also works on the G10.

Scroll down to this and follow instructions: Make sure you have Java Installed :)

ROOT+SetCPU! (8-10-2010)
Full package w/ adb for windows & batch file for rooting:
- Removed, doesn't work properly! -
Modified INF file for ADB driver:
http://www.zonko.nl/files/tcc/usb_inf_X5A.zip
How to:
- Enable USB debugging
- Install the driver from my usb_inf_X5A.zip (2k/xp/32 bits)
- Unzip root_setcpu_X5A.zip into C:\rootfiles
- Start a command prompt and do cd /rootfiles, then root.bat
- You should get no errors, and after the reboot, your X5A should be rooted.
- Note, SetCPU does not seem to work properly.

Well, i still have some questions.

First, how does one install the drivers? As i already have Telechips drivers installed that were needed for Firmware upgrading.
Also USB Debugging is when the Pad is switched on? Or does it have to run in the same mode when used for Flashing firmware?

Im asking this because im getting errors when i run the .bat file. It says device not found

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Well, i still have some questions.

First, how does one install the drivers? As i already have Telechips drivers installed that were needed for Firmware upgrading.
Also USB Debugging is when the Pad is switched on? Or does it have to run in the same mode when used for Flashing firmware?

Im asking this because im getting errors when i run the .bat file. It says device not found

USB Debugging:
Settings -> Applications -> Development
Check the "USB debugging" check box

You shouldn't need the usb_inf_X5A.zip driver if you already have the telechips driver installed.

It might be worth trying the Universal Root apk as well. I'll try it tonight after I upgrade to the new firmware.
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-root-android-devices-with-universal-androot-app/

Don't be afraid to try stuff meant for other Android devices with this pad. By all accounts its next to impossible to brick. You can apparently flash it even with the Nand completely blank...

Last edited:

KitsunePaws

Sep 2, 2010
USB Debugging:
Don't be afraid to try stuff meant for other Android devices with this pad. By all accounts its next to impossible to brick. You can apparently flash it even with the Nand completely blank...

I would be a little careful... My tablet right now is short of bricked. I was fiddling around with mtds and partioning the nand. I got the android system on there... however I've now lost the ability to get into fwdn at all. Any attempt to boot loads up "Android Phone" and adb sees my device with a serial number of 0123456789ABCDEF, And any adb commands like "adb shell" for example results in an error about how the system can't find sh....
Edit: Oh and there's nothing on the screen, including the backlight...

Last edited:

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks for the new Firmware. Works great! Better than 370. It has a new gallery, seems more responsive and a dedicated home button in the task bar which helps :)

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
there's a new FWDN (2.10) included in the 914 build as well. The original 2 DEBUG-level format options are gone, all that remains is a level 2 recovery format, which takes f'n forever!

You still need to jump start FWDN with a USB key several times during the flash process with this version.

Btw, Kernel version on the 9/14 rom is #97, Build # is Mid 1.1

Changes:
- New FWDN
- Home icon in systray
- Default setup language is english
- Chinese apps removed
- Google location app removed
- updated Gallery app (Gallery 3D)

Last edited: