APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

Ganstakillerz

Sep 15, 2010
Hi all,

Is there a way of resetting the moonse E7002 back to factory default if the unit won't boot or is there a default ROM I can flash with to recover from a bad firmware upgrade please?

Is there a method to recover from a bad flash please?

Many thanks.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
$screenshot_1.jpg
Possible to get a print screen of your device?

$screenshot_2.jpg

Here are some screenies.

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
#4) Capture your Mac address before flashing (I got mine from my router). In the "Tools\Options\Target" menu of FWDN, select the "WiFi Mac Address" option and set the OUI field to 0x and the first half of your Mac, NIC to 0x and the second half. For example if your mac address is 20:59:A0:03:14:68, the OUI value is 0x2059A0 and the NIC value is 0x031468. Check the do not auto-increment option and make sure everything else on the Target tab is unchecked.

Optional Notes:
a) you can root the device using the package from here (Created by Asure for the HSG (X5A/X6) & Pandawill G11, but works for us as well)

2 questions:

1. Why on earth does the flash software need to know the Mac address from my router:confused:

2. Could somebody PLEASE explain to DUMMY like me how to root this device? I followed all the links from this thread but I guess I'm just too dumb to understand what to do with this software that I need to root my device :(

P.S.: I'm updating to the latest rom right now, I'm using the V2.10 version of the FWDN software, which only gave me the "Recovery format - LV2 Whole Area" option. Somebody wrote that this is very slow. How slow is slow? I'm guessing I'm at approx. 25% now after almost 1,5 hours :( Is that "normal"????

Ganstakillerz

Sep 15, 2010
1. Why on earth does the flash software need to know the Mac address from my router

Apadjet13 used this as an example.

You can find your Mac address from the unit itself OR as Apadjet13 did, he obtained the Mac address of his Tablet from his router.

Correct I noticed the same thing "Recovery format - LV2 whole area" option. Shouldn't be a problem. Having said that my unit is bricked.

What unit do you have by the way?

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Has anyone tried the market since the new upgrade? when i acess the market it says no matching content in android market, but i can use the search to find apps and download them.
Also does anyone know how to prevent the unit from starting up with the lock screen enabled.
And another thing does anyone seem to see a faster battery drain?

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
1. Why on earth does the flash software need to know the Mac address from my router:confused:
Because the flash SW is also used during the manufacture of the device and can be used to make sure all devices have different Mac addresses

2. Could somebody PLEASE explain to DUMMY like me how to root this device? I followed all the links from this thread but I guess I'm just too dumb to understand what to do with this software that I need to root my device
You shouldn't have to do any more than unzip the liked package and run root.bat.

How slow is slow? I'm guessing I'm at approx. 25% now after almost 1,5 hours :( Is that "normal"????
Mine was going at the same pace. I ended up powering it off in the middle and going with the second option in the drop down (can't remember it right now). You can probably still use FWDN 2.09 with these rom files if you wanted to.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone tried the market since the new upgrade? when i acess the market it says no matching content in android market, but i can use the search to find apps and download them.

Market works on mine, but I always use the market fix after each flash to apply an AndroidID that I generated in an emulator. I just don't trust that these tablets would have something unique. Go through the Market Fix steps and save your generated ID in a batch file to apply after each flash, you'll be much better off in the long run.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Looks good dude. Any drawback from this new version?

I just upgraded to #370 and liking it. Just want to see how better it could be.

I hope Froyo will be release soon... that would be something to explore with.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Usually the usage would last me at least 4 hours on wifi. How long did your device last?

Any other issues you have observed on #914?

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
Mine was going at the same pace. I ended up powering it off in the middle and going with the second option in the drop down (can't remember it right now). You can probably still use FWDN 2.09 with these rom files if you wanted to.

Done, it took over 4 hours!

Market works on mine, but I always use the market fix after each flash to apply an AndroidID that I generated in an emulator. I just don't trust that these tablets would have something unique. Go through the Market Fix steps and save your generated ID in a batch file to apply after each flash, you'll be much better off in the long run.

Sorry, but what market fix? What to do?

I can access the market but whatever I try to download keeps "freezing" at the "Starting download..." :(

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I just tried to root it, all I get is a "device not found" :-(

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Looks good dude. Any drawback from this new version?
yes there are several drawbacks
#1) Market breaks for some people
#2) Lock Screen icons oriented wrong on first boot
#3) SDCard fills up with DiskCache files
#4) Filesystem changes so that internal "extra" space become the default SDCard

I'm going to go back to #370 tonight and take a pass on this one.

People please do some searching before asking questions. I keep seeing "where do I download", "how do I fix the market" and "how do I root" over and over again. These questions have been answered many times already in this thread.

Last edited:

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
i applied the market fix but it still says no matching content in android market although i am still able to search for apps and install them. I seems to remember reading somwhere that if the android market did not recognise your device & Maybe rom then the content would not show
i looked at what was draining the battery and it seems to be the built in radio for the phone usage so I enable the airplane mode and then enabled the wi fi and that seems to slow the battery drainage down.
Does anyone have a repository for all the previous roms?

trevorwl

Aug 27, 2010
all the older roms are on page 8. we need a sticky or modderation on this thread.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk