APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks.... looks like we are sticking back to #370 until there a better rom is out. Cheers man....

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

ascottk

Sep 7, 2010
Market works great after the flash to #914 but after a while it stops downloading. If it weren't for those bugs it'd be great! Even the pinch-zoom works (tested with the multi-touch visualizer). I went back to #370 though. I think I'll wait until Froyo is released for this tablet before I upgrade again.

linkages

Aug 23, 2010
Anyone have a link to both the 370 and the latest 914 firmware that is not at u.115.com? I want to update my firmware but I just can't seem to get the file downloaded. Thanks.

juched

Jul 11, 2010
Hi All,

Brought a HaiPad MID M701 (Moonse E7002) which has Android 2.1 installed. Unfortunately even though the demo video showed multi-touch my one wasn't working. having read through the forum I realised I had firmware version 188 (if this is possible) much lower than the reported firmware used here.

I downloaded the firmware from ????--www.haipad.net and followed the instructions.

I've tried several firmware, difference cables, different computers and I always get the following error.

[error] CFwdnPort::FWDN_Response: Read_data_failure
[error] CFwdnPort::DEVICE_Init: FWDN Response failure
Device Init - Failure
Download Session - Ending....
[Error] CFwdnPort::FWDN_Command: Fwdn Command failure (0/32)

The unit won't boot-up now. I press the power button on and the device will show a green light then red and then turn off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also just received a green LED unit with firmware #188. I think this is different than a normal haipad. No multitouch.

Not sure how to flash yet, but this seems to be a step in the right direction:
Google Translate

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
FYI everyone...UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk does not work with this device

Use asure's root_setcpu_X5A_v2 kit to get it done.

jtbnet

Jun 21, 2010
FYI everyone...UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk does not work with this device

Use asure's root_setcpu_X5A_v2 kit to get it done.

THANX... I apologize for misleading anyone... Only wish it worked as it's made rooting so easy on a good number of devices...

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
for those that have not done so, I highly recommend changing the ro.sf.lcd_density property in /system/build.properties to 180 or 190 (I use 190), it makes a big difference to you real-estate.

ro.sf.lcd_density = 190

You need to pull the file local with adb, edit and push it back with adb

vwtazz

Sep 12, 2010
Just updated to the latest 914 firmware. it is great. touch screen is much improved and responsive. there is now a home icon in ih the top task tray so retun to home much easier. over all much faster and nicer to use.
I have found that when i updated the firmware i was unable to use the new Nand data.fai files to create a nand partition but i was able to use the original one supplied with the #320 firmware. So I have used the original to update to #370 and now #914 and it seems to be fine.
Great stuff

Thanks apadjet13!
Used this method and everything works fine, market and all.
I've been using the market all day without fail. Too bad some people are having problems and I can live with the occasional mispositioned slider graphics.
The home button on the task bare is a time saver as well.

K.C.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
for those that have not done so, I highly recommend changing the ro.sf.lcd_density property in /system/build.properties to 180 or 190 (I use 190), it makes a big difference to you real-estate.

ro.sf.lcd_density = 190

You need to pull the file local with adb, edit and push it back with adb

Do you find that some games or programe gets distorted. They can't seem able to scale to the lower density settings?

For example games like UNBLOCK ME and a programe NIGHT STAND appear in a smaller size than before I change the DPI. I have tried 180, 190, ... 220. They all exibit the same character.

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
I KNOW it's been discussed here before and maybe I'm just to dumb but I simply can't get it to work:(

Here's what I did:

I downloaded the root_setcpu_X5A_v2.zip

I extracted the entire content to my C hard drive into the root directory

Since I have installed the drives for flashing the firmware I did NOT install any additional drives(somebody wrote here that it's not necessary)

I put my device into the exact same state as I did for the firmware flashing (power on button plus the "home" button, so that the device doesn't go past the "winter wonderland" screen)

I started a command prompt, went into the root directory of my c drive.

I typed root.bat and hit enter.

Result: error: device not found
:(

What am I doing wrong:confused:

Thanks for your patience :)

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
SPAM, those people are constantly kicked off "my" forum for posting links to that shop :-(

Edit: I just flashed the new 9.15 firmware. WOW!!!!! What an improvement!!!

I used the FWDN V2.09 software, I also had to use the NAND Data.fai from the 8.25 Firmware or else my device wouldn't boot.

Market is working fine now for me :)

Now, if somebody helps me with my rooting problem, I'm happy :)

Last edited:

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
mr zap you do not pu the mid in frimware flashing mode for rooting.
1. switch the unit on and boot
2. make sure usb debugging mode is ticked (enableed) in settings, applications, developement
3. plug in your usb cable to mid and pc I assume you have all the necessary drivers
4. open command prompt again i assume you are familiar with adb commands
5. point dirtectory with cd command to the folder with the rooting files
6. make sure you have connection with command adb devices
7. you can then type your rrot .bat or simply double click on the root.bat file to run it.
8 reboot you mid and you are rooted

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Anyone interested in rooting should google for "Android Debug Bridge" and read one of the plethora of guides available on the internet before starting. The thing to remember is that ADB is for interacting with and administering a fully functioning, already booted Android OS. If the tablet is not booted into Android, ADB won't work. FWDN is a low level tool for modifying firmware and hardware device settings. The tablet does not even need to have an OS installed for FWDN to work.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Google translation description of latest firmware:

M701 Latest firmware
Software Language: English
File Size: 10
Finishing Date: 2010/9/17
Downloads: 2165
:: Download::

:: Download Description::

Statement: The new firmware and some BUG, please understand that we have been improving the past few days will continue to update the firmware upload. Process 14 3G also impossible, to customers and friends for any inconvenience caused to express regret.

M701 latest firmware to support WCDMA and EVDO:
EVDO list:
HUAWEI EC122 ZTE AC2766 ZTE AC580 SINCOM SE 189-U
Gemtek W3GUBV-100
WCDMA list:
HUAWEI E180 HUAWEI E1750

Upgrade instructions a little bit different, and on the WIFI MAC ADDRESS set piece, please upgrade to record their own WIFI MAC ADDRESS, in the setting, WIFI advanced options where you can find; to fill OUI / NIC value, fill in the line of control.

As the web server problem, temporarily on the hard disk firmware on the network;

Links: http://u.115.com/file/f4800ceeeb