APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
according to the Hiapad.net website, the M701 only has a 1600mah battery. i always thought the battery life was quite poor compared to my rockchip apad, but how comes no one else is complaining of poor battery life since these new updates, #97, #98, #121.

If I am not wrong it states that it has build in dual core 1600 mAh batteries. Meaning 2x 1600 mAh? = 3200 mAh?

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
well maybe one of my batteries have cut out. has anyone got a link on instructions for opening the m701 so i can have a look inside

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Its a shame the 701-R doesnt have a capacitive screen like the AAPPAA 701 does. It finally has HDMI though!
The AAPPAA is another 701 clone but with a capacitive screen.
Apad-701 - China Tablet Touch Pc,Tablet Touch,Pc in Palm Computer, Pocket PC & PDA
Don't get confuse about the multi touch part. MID 701 has this function and make no mistake it is not a capacitive screen. My sell told me the wrong info and when tablet arrive it is not as what it claims. Suggest you check through it again.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
well maybe one of my batteries have cut out. has anyone got a link on instructions for opening the m701 so i can have a look inside

Perhaps mine is the same. Even after flashing to #370 I felt that batteries don't last as long. Weird.

Anyone knows any software that can detect the batteries capacity without opening it?

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Some thoughts on the 9/18 firmware:
- androidID (Market) seems blank after initial flash
- Has Home softkey in the systray
- lock screen graphics messed up after first boot
- Installer defaults to English but my device reverted to Chinese after first boot
- Still say El Telco Loco on the lock-screen
- Kernel Version is "2.6.29 root@localhost #121"
- Build Number is "MID 1.1"
- SDCard defaults to internal storage
- Battery doesn't seem and worse than 370 (limited testing)
- No DiskCache files on SDCard

Last edited:

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
Some thoughts on the 9/18 firmware:
- androidID (Market) seems blank after initial flash
- Has Home softkey in the systray
- lock screen graphics messed up after first boot
- Installer defaults to English but my device reverted to Chinese after first boot
- Still say El telco Loco on the lock-screen

Does it drain batteries like what others have experience?

freeder

Aug 20, 2010

I found a widget to calibrate the battery usage. Give it a try. You can get it from the market. Search for Battery Left.

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
So, I rooted this thing and tried different desity values, but no matter what value(s) I use, anything other than 240 will result in MANY apps and games not running in fullscreen anymore :(

Does anybody know if there is a fix for that? I can't stand the 240 setting, I'd rather have a desity between 160 - 200 but not having almost every app / game not playing in fullscreen SUCKS :(

$density.jpg

Last edited:

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
So, I rooted this thing and tried different desity values, but no matter what value(s) I use, anything other than 240 will result in MANY apps and games not running in fullscreen anymore :(

Does anybody know if there is a fix for that? I can't stand the 240 setting, I'd rather have a desity between 160 - 200 but not having almost every app / game not playing in fullscreen SUCKS :(

attachment.php

Same problem with me. No solution yet. Tried to google this yet not much result. perhaps most are just live with it.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Same problem with me. No solution yet. Tried to google this yet not much result. perhaps most are just live with it.

Have you guys tried installing the games after changing the LCD_density? ie flash, change Density, reboot, install game...

the biggest thing that pisses me off about the latest firmwares is the defaulting of preferences to the internal memory over the SDCard. This means it ignores all the books etc on my SDCard. Its weird because /sdcard goes to my card, but the default save location seems to be /nand. Is there the equivalent of /etc/fstab on these machines?

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
EL TELCO LOCO, i discovered is the fake network inputed into the system, since these tablets are based as phones with android they assume a network is there, if you switch to AIRPLANE MODE the el telco loco vanishes and says "no service"

Last edited: