APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
Have you guys tried installing the games after changing the LCD_density? ie flash, change Density, reboot, install game...

It doesn't make a difference :(

Anybody know the best way to make your own wallpaper that won't be cut off in LANDSCAPE mode?

So far im using a 960x800 Image with only the top 480 pixels used. It looks good in landscape, of course it'll be "screwed up" in portrait and unfortunately also in the lock-screen :(

Any better suggestions? :) $WallTest.jpg

Last edited:

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
Has anyone successfully downgraded from 0918 to #370? I tried to go back but I always get a CRC error in red both with the quick default download and the long format & verification method.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone successfully downgraded from 0918 to #370? I tried to go back but I always get a CRC error in red both with the quick default download and the long format & verification method.

Try to recreate the NAND Data.fai before flashing and if that fails try downloading it again. I went from 9/14 back to #370.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Same problem with me. No solution yet. Tried to google this yet not much result. perhaps most are just live with it.

I tried Raging Thunder and RoboDefense with LCD Density set to 190 tonight. Both showed windowed as in your screenshots above. From what I've read, Android introduced new scaling functionality in builds after 1.6 that need to be coded to by developers. If the app doesn't scale correctly is has to do with the way its coded, so it won't be easy to fix via a hack.

Last edited:

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
Try to recreate the NAND Data.fai before flashing and if that fails try downloading it again. I went from 9/14 back to #370.

Does anyone still have the \Windows\FWDN_V7_Message_1.txt files from #370 When I try my last significant line is [23:35:37] flash_calc_crc_by_vtc: success (0 errors), crc=0x41EFB523 but the CRC showing in the UI and in the first line of the file for the MTD is C615E87E 330 also fails with a different CRC errors

Last edited:

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
I don't understand why some folks are rolling back to 333 - 9/18 seems pretty stable to me. Am I missing something obvious?

D

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
I love the snappiness of the new firmwares. but i was having chronic battery drain with them. maybe the firmware has bugs with battery control circuit software.
but the system was reporting bad battery drain. i have currently rolled back to #333 for now and i doing a battery recalibration as recommended in a few posts earlier. so far the battery has lasted about 6 hrs today on a combination of wifi movies and surfing so i can drain the battery.
i will do a full recharge overnight then reflash the new firmware again as see how that goes

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
I don't understand why some folks are rolling back to 333 - 9/18 seems pretty stable to me. Am I missing something obvious?

D

I'm just trying to rollback to a version that will let me playback mpeg-ts video. My original firmware 320 was flawless but now 0918 hangs almost immediately. One of the reasons I wanted this unit was to play captured tv and now I can't, I am stuck waiting for a firmware update. Other than that I do like 0918.

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
I love the snappiness of the new firmwares. but i was having chronic battery drain with them. maybe the firmware has bugs with battery control circuit software.
but the system was reporting bad battery drain. i have currently rolled back to #333 for now and i doing a battery recalibration as recommended in a few posts earlier. so far the battery has lasted about 6 hrs today on a combination of wifi movies and surfing so i can drain the battery.
i will do a full recharge overnight then reflash the new firmware again as see how that goes

Hi APADJET13

could you please instruct how you recalibrated the battery mine last merely 1hr30min
on #333.
thanks

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Hi APADJET13

could you please instruct how you recalibrated the battery mine last merely 1hr30min
on #333.
thanks

on post 331 by freeder he mentions a wdiget called battery life left. i downloaded it and installed it and i have now completely discharged the battery and recharged it. i fired up the wifi today and did about 1 hours streaming from you tube with it. then i left a movie running with the wifi still enabled for about 1.5 hours. in between these the unit had just been on and idle for about 4 hours still with the wifi enabled. it is now totally discharged and recharged. i will check the readings on the widget. then reflash 9/18 tomorrow to see if there is any difference.
Ps when i flash #97,98'or 121 i am unable to restore any backups made with my backup pro but #333 is fine. so although the new firmwares are great with responsivness i believe they still have bugs.
i will update you all tomorrow
i would also like to point out that when i flash firmware, i have never altered anything on the serial number mac address tab of fwdn and the mac adress of my unit always remains the same and the unique id of my apad is fine

Last edited: