APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

linkages

Aug 23, 2010
I tried Raging Thunder and RoboDefense with LCD Density set to 190 tonight. Both showed windowed as in your screenshots above. From what I've read, Android introduced new scaling functionality in builds after 1.6 that need to be coded to by developers. If the app doesn't scale correctly is has to do with the way its coded, so it won't be easy to fix via a hack.

You can get the app to at least be full screen if you disable Compatibility Mode in Spare Parts and then reboot. It may look ugly with some apps but it at least uses all the real estate of the screen.

The next thing you do after this is let the app developer know about the scaling problem and have them add resolution independence to their app.

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
You can get the app to at least be full screen if you disable Compatibility Mode in Spare Parts and then reboot. It may look ugly with some apps but it at least uses all the real estate of the screen.

Good one!!!! Thank you so much, it really works with some (or most?) apps :)

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Pandawill finally released the haipad m701r which is the G10 only with HDMI plug they are calling it the Nupad, strange folks the upgraded the g10 from 2gb memory and 0.3mpx camera to 4bg memory and 1.3 mpx camera and reduced the price $8 and selling the Nupad for the previous price of G10.

Buy NuPad 7 Inch MID Android 2.2 HDMI 1080P 2GB Multi-Touch Gravity Sensor Silver compare price at pandawill.com

Did you notice that the Nupad in the link is stating android 2.2 does that mean there is an froyo up[grade imminent for the original g10? :confused:

just read further down on the same link, in the questions asked below by customers. someone asked about android 2.2 for g10 and the answer from pandawill was that g10 was not upgradeable to android 2.2.
i was always under the impression that g10 and m701 would be upgraded to android 2.2 in due course and that the hardwar was compatible. can anyone confirm? :-(

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Did you notice that the Nupad in the link is stating android 2.2 does that mean there is an froyo up[grade imminent for the original g10? :confused:

Actually in the images of the nupad its still android 2.1, but pandawill was asked if the g10 would get froyo they stated it won't different spechs but, on the androidtime.com it says the haipad m701/g10 is ready for 2.2 and pandawill in its forum said froyo will be available for g10 in october, so who knows these people are unreliable with firmwares and upgrades.

jschlosser

Sep 9, 2010
they also just posted in the pandawill forum that on that new nupad..

the TF slot for the micro sd.. when you have a the card in there, more than half of it sticks out.. it doesn't go all the way in.. ???? Who would buy that now if the card doesn't go all the way in????

I was about to order one until I ready that...

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Just an update to my battery calibration tests i reflashed to 9/18 #121 this morning and after two full discharges and recharges the battery barely lasts an hour. i cannot even play a full 1hr 20min movie. i can confirm that there seems to be a major bug in the battery charge software of the new firmwares
So it will be back to #333 for me until this can be resolved:mad:
there is no point having 3G support and all the bells and whistles if you can only have it away from a charging point for less than an hour

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Just an update to my battery calibration tests i reflashed to 9/18 #121 this morning and after two full discharges and recharges the battery barely lasts an hour. i cannot even play a full 1hr 20min movie. i can confirm that there seems to be a major bug in the battery charge software of the new firmwares
So it will be back to #333 for me until this can be resolved:mad:
there is no point having 3G support and all the bells and whistles if you can only have it away from a charging point for less than an hour

I also have noticed after installing th battery widget apadjet13 and feeder recommended that my android original battery indicator is faulty it will be red for and shut off after i installed the widget it remains on for at least 2 to 3 more hrs still last red bar but the widget claims 2 hrs left something definately faulty in the firmware , im running #333.

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Jschlosser

If you want hte nupad , try from the manufacturer itself to get the real facts their store i think is androidtime.com, and haipad.net its called the m701r

freeder

Aug 20, 2010

Actually in the images of the nupad its still android 2.1, but pandawill was asked if the g10 would get froyo they stated it won't different spechs but, on the androidtime.com it says the haipad m701/g10 is ready for 2.2 and pandawill in its forum said froyo will be available for g10 in october, so who knows these people are unreliable with firmwares and upgrades.

Judging from the recent release of firmware with some battery draining issues. I have my reserve on other upcoming firmware they are coming up with. I would still rather stick to 6 hours of battery life with wifi than upgrade to froyo if it only last 1 to 2 hours. Just my 2cents

Check this out guys: http://www.chinitech.com/en/2010/in...pad-tablette-10-pouces-capacitif-3g-et-1080p/

I hope they come out with a capacitive version of 7inch.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Judging from the recent release of firmware with some battery draining issues. I have my reserve on other upcoming firmware they are coming up with. I would still rather stick to 6 hours of battery life with wifi than upgrade to froyo if it only last 1 to 2 hours. Just my 2cents

Check this out guys: Haina HAipad Android tablet with 10-inch capacitive touchscreen 3G and 1080p playback - Tablet Pc Chinois | Chinitech

I hope they come out with a capacitive version of 7inch.

funny that link shows a android tablet, and this link shows a windows 7 based tablet that looks identical.

SHENZHEN HAINA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD---WWW.HAIPAD.NETss

it would be fantastic if it could dual boot, but the haipad is Intel Atom wereas the Haina is Telechip.

looks identical though....

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
I finally was able to downgrade from 0918. I used the DEBUG and format option in FWDN 2.09 which actually hung but I was able to follow that with a Default download to 370 and video playback was fixed. I the used the default download 333 which seems to be the best firmware for me.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
I finally was able to downgrade from 0918. I used the DEBUG and format option in FWDN 2.09 which actually hung but I was able to follow that with a Default download to 370 and video playback was fixed. I the used the default download 333 which seems to be the best firmware for me.

Where did you get the #333 firmware? Do you think that the #333 version is better than #370?

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I am suprised that someone could buy a Apad without seeing a photo. I just got mine from the ***************. My Apad has google 2.1, Telechip tcc 8900, 720Mhz etc.
Facebook, radio, music, browser, wifi all working well. However having problems with video playback.