APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

ywk69

Aug 18, 2010
Judging from the recent release of firmware with some battery draining issues. I have my reserve on other upcoming firmware they are coming up with. I would still rather stick to 6 hours of battery life with wifi than upgrade to froyo if it only last 1 to 2 hours. Just my 2cents

Check this out guys: Haina HAipad Android tablet with 10-inch capacitive touchscreen 3G and 1080p playback - Tablet Pc Chinois | Chinitech

I hope they come out with a capacitive version of 7inch.

There capacitive screen version of the G10/Haipad M701 is already available for sale in China for 1208 Chinese yuan. Now, if only I haven't already bought a Haipad M701 :(

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Where did you get the #333 firmware? Do you think that the #333 version is better than #370?

#333 seems to be the most stable of all the firmwares since #320
i will not worry about 3g compatability since i have just bought an Unlocked Huawei E585
portable wifi 3g modem which is brilliant, and will not stick out of the side of the unit. ;)

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/4874/3-mi-fi-mobile-wi-fi-e585http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250701191350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
There capacitive screen version of the G10/Haipad M701 is already available for sale in China for 1208 Chinese yuan. Now, if only I haven't already bought a Haipad M701 :(

Really... I have not bounce on any websites that sell these units. It would be great if you could direct where it can be found.

darkblack

Sep 3, 2010
Recently Got my Telechips TCC8902 pad with Android 2.1 in it. Playing with it for quite sometime and am very happy. However, got a few things not right.

Tried the Fix Market For Slates - Wiki , everything goes as per instructions, but Market still does not work. Stuck at "starting download" .I notice that even after applying a new androidid via the sqlite query, the androidid of my device still shows a different value when I see it via android system info.

Also, there are lots of firmwares discussed in the thread, and the answer for this question seems inconclusive, which is the stable&best firmware around for now? is it the 9-18?. My kernel version says 2.6.29 #225 . 225 seems unheard of here. note that I am a complete newbie to this thing, so wouldn't want to be adventurous on the firmware

Thanks!

Last edited:

shane

Sep 23, 2010
Hello new person here. I was hoping someone might be able to figure out my problem. I am currently on 0918.
My only problem with 0918 is the Gsensor on games is backwards.
For example: Raging Thunger game is choppy, the color looks aweful. When game starts, the car automatically goes to the right while
holding the unit straight.
Any ideas?
Thank you

Last edited:

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Recently Got my Telechips TCC8902 pad with Android 2.1 in it. Playing with it for quite sometime and am very happy. However, got a few things not right.

Tried the Fix Market For Slates - Wiki , everything goes as per instructions, but Market still does not work. Stuck at "starting download" .I notice that even after applying a new androidid via the sqlite query, the androidid of my device still shows a different value when I see it via android system info.

Also, there are lots of firmwares discussed in the thread, and the answer for this question seems inconclusive, which is the stable&best firmware around for now? is it the 9-18?. My kernel version says 2.6.29 #225 . 225 seems unheard of here. note that I am a complete newbie to this thing, so wouldn't want to be adventurous on the firmware

Thanks!

I had the same issue with my market it happened after i turned to airplane mode, i ended up reseting my pad to factory loosing everything and market started working again.

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Hi Folks i have a got the nupad android 2.2 arriving next week, i wanted to see if there is a way i can rip the firmware, to flash my g10 with it , then i can upload as well for everyone since pandawill is taking forever to release it.

thanks

Purple8

Sep 27, 2010
Hi
Is it right that its just the software upgrade that enables the multi touch.
Also are they all remote capable or is it just the new release
thanks

Deathschyte

Sep 8, 2010
Hi Folks i have a got the nupad android 2.2 arriving next week, i wanted to see if there is a way i can rip the firmware, to flash my g10 with it , then i can upload as well for everyone since pandawill is taking forever to release it.

thanks

that's great...

looking forward for it...:D

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
I had the same issue with my market it happened after i turned to airplane mode, i ended up reseting my pad to factory loosing everything and market started working again.

Just noticed my Market is doing the same thing. . . Have you researched the problem at all or is this just something that happens ?

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
I am a bit concerned that on one else has complained of this battery problem apart from me.
Has anyone else experienced this? either with the M701 or the Pandawill G10. i would like to know if it is just my unit:confused:

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
I am a bit concerned that on one else has complained of this battery problem apart from me.
Has anyone else experienced this? either with the M701 or the Pandawill G10. i would like to know if it is just my unit:confused:

My G10's battery is performing well, If im not going to be using it i will full turn it off because otherwise the battery drains rather quickly, but other than that it performs up to expectations.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
My G10's battery is performing well, If im not going to be using it i will full turn it off because otherwise the battery drains rather quickly, but other than that it performs up to expectations.
i actually meant with the #97, 98, or 121 flashed to it. fairley ok on #333

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Just noticed my Market is doing the same thing. . . Have you researched the problem at all or is this just something that happens ?

I haven't been able to find much on it other then it also happens on motorola android phones and some HTC phones, so it's not something unordinary, must be just Google Market bug, but i noticed everytime i switch to airplane to save battery power it does that, so i leave it off airplane and use a energizer battery pack to get 24hrs of power and charges the gpad at the same time.