APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

vwtazz

Sep 12, 2010
I just applied the 9/18 build to see if that would fix things and now it is frozen on start-up screen... (the little girl looking up at the green android in the sky).
Looking for any help or suggestions... thanks!

Try flashing again but use the NAND file from FW#370 in place of the one from #918. Works on my m701...

K.C.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
new firmware is up today

2010.09.29PM20?15.rar - 115??U?-????|??????

downloading and trying it now

Edit: Now installed it and having a play
info is
Firmware version 2.1 update1
kernel Version 2.6.29 root@localhost #133
Build number Mid 1.2
Hi Apadjet.... how did this firmware fair this time. I am downloading it now. Hope to get your feedback.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

Revenger

Sep 30, 2010
We have a Moonse e7002 trying to update the firmware in FWDN in XP.

I can get the probing screen 4 lines up all dev values are 0.

Last line is booting complete then it just continues loading android 2.1.

Area map stays unknown and android 2.1 loads.

The guide that came with it said something in chinglish about using the touchscreen and power buttons to get messages asking if I want to update etc before connecting the USB cable which doesn't work.

Also the camera is reversed and barcode scanner doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Hi Apadjet.... how did this firmware fair this time. I am downloading it now. Hope to get your feedback.

I am afraid not so good so far.
Had a couple of ramdom reeboots. adb commands return read only system. so having to remount the sysyem, my custom boot animation goes into a long loop before booting.
I am currently trying to get root. but once again the unit is unable to get my backed up files for restoration from the my backup pro app.
I will play a bit more but i think it will be back to #333 for me before the night is over and the wait for the next new firmware update.
I wish they would get the basic functions right before worrying about 3g and other rubbish.

Update: this quote from the pandawill forums http://www.pandawillforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=823&extra=page%3D1&page=10 (look at post 94)

I am going back to #333 and await more developements although the link i posted to the Haipad website states it is firmware for the M701

Last edited:

TheTrueJay20

Sep 27, 2010
Has anyone been able to update through android system recovery? Like I have with other android devices like the T-Mobile G1? Here is a picture of the recovery system on my G10

$DSC01279.jpg

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
I tried 0929 and while I still like the home button and what appears to be a little better scrolling, I have to go back to #333 to get video performance. I prefer the Android logo on startup too. Martin

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
I tried 0929 and while I still like the home button and what appears to be a little better scrolling, I have to go back to #333 to get video performance. I prefer the Android logo on startup too. Martin

Yikes. looks like still stuck with old problem.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

gen_sis

Oct 1, 2010
Guys, newbie here, need a little help, o i mean a lot of help. just purchased Haipad M701 with Android 2.2 and 3G support.
This is what i see under the about device

Model: MID
F/W Version: 2.2-update1
Kernel: 2.6.29 root@localhost #118
Build: MID 1.1

Problem:
1. When I connected the MID to pc, it shows android eclair, and needs driver, where can i get this?
2. Then telechip device found, can the firmware in the Haipad webiste be used for this?
3. Dont know where to get updates.
4. How to know what and which firmwares i can use...

Im totally confused now. Manual says HAIPAD M701, looked at the Haipad.net website and it doesn't have the 2.2 version.

appreciate your help.

Flyingtom

Sep 21, 2010
@ gen_sis,

Iff you are really running android 2.2, you would be the first here, having 2.2 running on your M701, the manufacturer of the M701 does not have 2.2 running on those tablets. So my advice when your 2.2 is running without trouble, keep it this way, because all M701 firmware is android 2.1, so flashing your rom would downgrade your system.
can you tell more about your specs, maybe post a picture of your systemscreen etc etc, many of us like to now how it lokks like.

greetz tom

gen_sis

Oct 1, 2010
@tom

thanks tom. Ill try to post it maybe tomorrow or tonight. So far unit is performing well, very responsive and fast.
Though, i have some problems with the wifi. we have an open network within our clubhouse, i initially tried and it worked but later on i was unable to connect and seems i was being disconnected everytime i try. Im still looking for ways on how to actually make it work.
Another problem is that i cannot reset to factory settings as this may solve the problem.

Any advise on how to make or reset the wifi wil help. thanks

gen_sis

Oct 1, 2010
will it be possible, if ever to downgrade it, worst comes to worst, will the firmware from haipad be applicable? thanks