APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Cheers man, asure and myself thank you for the kudos , Its great the community is behind us.

Re the G11 questions, Once we are close to a beta we will prob look for some testers of the different models and try to adapt the build to fit all the models.

- VeNoMouS
- http://apad.gen-x.co.nz/

Anytime Venomous, really appreciate all the work you guys are putting behind it.

my opinion on the multiple different tablet, i prefer the Haipad g10 then the others, just my opinion otherwise they are all pretty similar, ive had the pleasure to try out the g10 and nupad (has a stupid micro sd slot which sticks out) only. g10 has had more time in the market to have a more stable development.

alnumair

Oct 10, 2010
Hi.. I purchased one device which is haipad m701 and API level = 7 , kernel version 2.6.29 root@localhost #98.

I want the following:

1- The driver of this device so that I can work on it from My PC for windows XP & 7

2- I want the root so that I can open the protection of the device.

3- I want the cooking software so that I can to modify the rom

4- I want latest rom for this machine.

5- I want my device read Arabic webpages but this device does not contain Arabic!! how Add Arabic in it??

giggetto

Oct 6, 2010
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by giggetto
hello,
i have always the same problem when i want to flash my haipad and i plug the USB cable while i push the menu button : FWDN open a window "Device probing" where there are 4 lines in red :
[ERROR] CFwdnPort::FWDN_Command:Fwnd Command Failure! (0/32)
[ERROR] CFwdnPort::Load_UBS:Cmd_Download_UBS Failure! (0/64)
[ERROR] CFwdnDownload::Load_UBS:Failure! (device=0)
Thanks for your help
P.S.:I have an Haipad Mid 701 2.1-update1, 2.6.29 root@localhost#94 build MID 1.1

ropodope answer me

"stick in a flash drive into another usb 2.0 port while the probing is taking place. pull it back out if you have to. problem solved. "

First, thank you for your answer, but i tried with a mobile phone -a samsung jet- in mass storage mode, and with a simple simple sd card reader but it didn't work. When you say "while the probing is taking place" could you precisely tell me when ? I'm not english i don't really understand this "pull it back out if you have to".
Thank you very much
up
PLEASE, could you help me
thanks

Last edited:

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
yes it will considering the specs of the new g10 is almost identical, it will,

on another note,

i tried remote desktop connection to my windows 7 workstation with the G10, and it worked absolutely flawlessly. well done to android remote desktop.

.Excuse me... I didn't understand this, I'm getting that you are working on your computer, from your tablet? Wow, that is awesome, how did you set it up? and what does it do, if you don't mind me asking...

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
.Excuse me... I didn't understand this, I'm getting that you are working on your computer, from your tablet? Wow, that is awesome, how did you set it up? and what does it do, if you don't mind me asking...

Hi DroidSearch, using the exact same concept as remote access, and remote desktop, for example logging onto your work machine from home, through remote desktop rd protocol,
i installed android remote desktop on the tablet, and changed the windows remote desktop account setting to allow connection from all windows compatible rd connections (only winxp pro + and windows 7 ultimate +) have remote desktop in the box, no home version contain remote desktop in the box.

hope this helps.

zorvalth

Oct 11, 2010
I need serious help :(

I bought 2 of these Idea Electronics Co.,Ltd because they are with capacitive screen. But there were a major problem there is no menu button! the dual button on the side is "back" and "home". I asked do they have any firmware with "menu" button but they said they fixed the problem with their new model and there is no firmware about this one. I asked them can i try any other firmwares on some clonings like G10 ot Haipad m701 and they said I dont have to do this because all firmwares floating around are not fo Capacitive screen and they wont work. I decided to try anyway and the result was i succeed to flash some firmwares which i found in this forum for G10 but the touchscreen does not work. The device starts but i'm stuck on the calibrating screen.

I have one more device which is still with the original firmware, is there any way to back it up and flashed over the device which i screwed? And if somebody can help me with remapping the one of the "back" or "home" button to "menu" button i will be very grateful!

Thanks!

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
I need serious help :(

I bought 2 of these Idea Electronics Co.,Ltd because they are with capacitive screen. But there were a major problem there is no menu button! the dual button on the side is "back" and "home". I asked do they have any firmware with "menu" button but they said they fixed the problem with their new model and there is no firmware about this one. I asked them can i try any other firmwares on some clonings like G10 ot Haipad m701 and they said I dont have to do this because all firmwares floating around are not fo Capacitive screen and they wont work. I decided to try anyway and the result was i succeed to flash some firmwares which i found in this forum for G10 but the touchscreen does not work. The device starts but i'm stuck on the calibrating screen.

I have one more device which is still with the original firmware, is there any way to back it up and flashed over the device which i screwed? And if somebody can help me with remapping the one of the "back" or "home" button to "menu" button i will be very grateful!

Thanks!

Zorvalth

Check out slatedroid.com "Azure" a android genius has written up how to backup and rip firmwares using i think Abd dumping method. i'l try an find the link and list it.

regards

ropodope

Aug 29, 2010
quote_icon.png
hello,
i have always the same problem when i want to flash my haipad and i plug the USB cable while i push the menu button : FWDN open a window "Device probing" where there are 4 lines in red :
Thanks for your help
P.S.:I have an Haipad Mid 701 2.1-update1, 2.6.29 root@localhost#94 build MID 1.1

ropodope answer me

"stick in a flash drive into another usb 2.0 port while the probing is taking place. pull it back out if you have to. problem solved. "

up
thanks
when the probing is taking place but nothing seems to be happening on the screen, insert a flash drive into an available usb 2.0 port. if that doesn't start the probing sequence on your screen then remove it and it will start to happen. it works. i never have a problem upgrading the firmware since i have started to do this and you won't either.

zorvalth

Oct 11, 2010
Zorvalth

Check out slatedroid.com "Azure" a android genius has written up how to backup and rip firmwares using i think Abd dumping method. i'l try an find the link and list it.

regards

Actualy the manufacturer just sent me the firmware so i dont need to back up the firmware anymore but i still want to have a "menu" button. Now i have the original firmware of my device and plenty of G10 firmwares. Does anybody know how i can combine them, so i can use the drivers of capacitive screen of the original firmware with some with menu button?

giggetto

Oct 6, 2010
quote_icon.png
quote_icon.png
hello,
Thanks for your help

ropodope answer me

up
thanks

when the probing is taking place but nothing seems to be happening on the screen, insert a flash drive into an available usb 2.0 port. if that doesn't start the probing sequence on your screen then remove it and it will start to happen. it works. i never have a problem upgrading the firmware since i have started to do this and you won't either.
First, thanks for you hopefull message, but i must to be really bad because it's always the same thing.
Let me tell you what i done : first i opened FWDN, then i plugged my phone -in mass storage mode- in, i see that FWDN window freeze, but nothing else -just a new window of my file explorer with files in my phone-. So i plugged the phone out, and the FWDN 's window freeze again but nothing else. Then i hold on the button of the upper right corner of the tablet, i put it in "on" position and i plugged it in and ... always the same message !
I'm despaired because my android doesn't work at all, it can barely read a MP3, and even then it freezes and reboot after ten minutes' it's worse with films !
Could somebody help me.
Thanks

alnumair

Oct 10, 2010
I want help please:

How can I replace the 2 files (DroidSansFallback.ttf, libwebcore.so) with the exist files in the places:
system/font
system/lib

When I use copy/paste command the result give me failed because these files I think are used by the system, I know that these 2 files have same name but they modified by some programmer for allowing the device read Arabic language.

JeffShap

Oct 12, 2010
Hi!

I just received a Haipad M701 yesterday that I ordered on eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. It arrived in perfect condition but it just doesn't fit my needs so I'd like to sell it if anyone is interested. I guarantee it's in the identical condition as when I received it (mint, no scratches, all accessories, etc.) I could sell it on eBay as brand new and no one would know. (just being honest).

It's the version with the multi-touch screen and the HDMI output. It includes: M701 (Android 2.1), black cloth case, stylus, usb cable (mini to regular), stereo ear buds, mini usb to usb extension, HDMI cable (device to TV). I flashed it this morning to the "2010.09.29PM20:15" firmware with absolutely no problems. Sees my wifi, works in the Android market, etc.

I'd like to sell it for $150 with FREE shipping (payment by PayPal). U.S. only buyers (I'm in the US and will be shipping it USPS priority mail so you'll get it in 2-3 days).

Thanks!

Jeff

P.S. NOW ON EBAY: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150506967768

Last edited:

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
Hi!

I just received a Haipad M701 yesterday that I ordered on eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. It arrived in perfect condition but it just doesn't fit my needs so I'd like to sell it if anyone is interested. I guarantee it's in the identical condition as when I received it (mint, no scratches, all accessories, etc.) I could sell it on eBay as brand new and no one would know. (just being honest).

It's the version with the multi-touch screen and the HDMI output. It includes: M701 (Android 2.1), black cloth case, stylus, usb cable (mini to regular), stereo ear buds, mini usb to usb extension, HDMI cable (device to TV). I flashed it this morning to the "2010.09.29PM20:15" firmware with absolutely no problems. Sees my wifi, works in the Android market, etc.

I'd like to sell it for $150 with FREE shipping (payment by PayPal). U.S. only buyers (I'm in the US and will be shipping it USPS priority mail so you'll get it in 2-3 days).

Thanks!

Jeff

I know you said us buyers but i will give you $160 including shipping if you would ship it to the uk. pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase