APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

helfrez

Aug 16, 2010
I purchased direct from aliexpress, this particular supplier has been pretty reliable for me. I have never ordered from Merimobiles, but the warranty from them and it's a few dollars cheaper may be worth it. Assuming no one here has had issues with them.

Shenzen Winbest - Aliexpress $197

Update: The main difference between mine and most of the units, is that mine came with 4GB internal, while the standard appears to be 2GB. The memory increase would probably account for the difference in price.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
2GB of internal flash really does nothing.

But hopefully this is under $200 shipped.

HDMI versions shipping soon by the way.

helfrez

Aug 16, 2010
The hdmi version has been shipping for a couple weeks, I just skipped it because they supplier stated they didn't think they would be providing 2.2 for the hdmi version, while the non-hdmi version was 2.2 capable, and they would be releasing an update in september/october. I guess it all depends on where you get them from.

Zarkley

Aug 20, 2010
So I just got this tablet , and I'm trying to root it using the gentouch method but I can find the drivers.

This is my first tablet so I'm really new to this, so it would be great if someone could give me a step by step.

helfrez

Aug 16, 2010
The unit is have it the M701. Any guesses as to whether the X5A roms are going to be compatible. I was going to give it a shot flashing the new recovery from Koush . I just can't seem to get the device to go into safe mode...

Last edited:

helfrez

Aug 16, 2010
I am not sure if you want to track here or in another thread, but I was able to find the right combo to access safe-mode/flashing mode on the 3rd device, MID701 with the #320 firmware.

To access the flashing mode for a MID701 device. After you have prepped your Telechips VTC driver and have FWDN running, do the following in order:

1) Flip the ON/OFF switch to the OFF Position
2) Connect the AC Adapter
3) Connect the USB Cable
4) Press and Hold the Home+Back buttons on the top of the device (both sides of the "rocker" must be depressed)
5) Flip the ON/OFF switch to the ON Position

In a matter of seconds you should get driver/telechips prompts and FWDN will light up. The screen WILL NOT come on in this mode.

After making a few backups and records, I may attempt to install the #348 firmware tomorrow.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I hear that while the ROMs are not compatible, you can use the same firmware tools

vanushv

Aug 21, 2010
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on X5a . Can someone tell me where the hell to get the file "NAND Data.fai"???

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on X5a . Can someone tell me where the hell to get the file "NAND Data.fai"???
You make that as a fat partition using the right side 'Nand Data' button, then by choosing create image

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
HDMI versions are ready and shipping. Not all that many were made, but if there's enough demand product will pick up.

helfrez

Aug 16, 2010
Located #330 firmware from Pandawill G10 that works on my 701. It has the Triangle android flash screen we all know well on a recovery reboot. Clockwork from X5A also work. I can scroll the Clockwork menu, but the front button still turns off the screen, so I can not make an actual selection. Market works, and it seems to run a bit snappier than my default build #320.

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
HDMI versions are ready and shipping. Not all that many were made, but if there's enough demand product will pick up.
Is the HDMI version exactly the same as the non-hdmi or is it a different model altogether? And do you already know about the support the manufacturers are going to deliver? I would hate waiting for a HDMI G10 (G12) and then finding out that the G10 is better supported.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm not sure about the details. But from what I've been reading and from the people I have been talking with, it's a modified version of the original. It's basically a second batch.

I'm thinking ROMs will work because they probably wont touch the other components if it's as simple as wiring up the HDMI. The casing didn't allow for it originally.

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
Thank you for your reply. Do you know when they will be available? The pandawill twitterfeed suggested this weekend but there is still nothing on their website.
Im getting a G12 then for sure, Ill put a review up as soon as I have one.