APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

joyosan

Aug 20, 2010
I'm not sure about the details. But from what I've been reading and from the people I have been talking with, it's a modified version of the original. It's basically a second batch.

I'm thinking ROMs will work because they probably wont touch the other components if it's as simple as wiring up the HDMI. The casing didn't allow for it originally.

Will this G12 made by same manufacturer like G10? (haipad/haina)?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I assure you that the mainboard in the G10, G12, and all HSG braded TCC8902 devices are all made by HSG

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
Check out the review of the Herotab http://shanzai.com/index.php/bandit-gadgets/tablets/1665 - TCC8902 overclocked at 800mhz, HDMI out ad very smooth 1080p. Also 4gig storage supplied, up to 32gig. $184 from Merimobiles - and I do not have any association with Merimobiles

I don't know, this does not look as good as the Pandawill G10 to me.

Does anyone have a personal review of the Pandwill G10? (compared to the Gentouch78 blah blah blah)
I am waiting for mine but would love to compare notes once I get it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wouldn't get this over the actual HSG products. HSG isn't going to care about these as much...

nandotorres

Aug 17, 2010
Give me a few days and ill tell you what i think :)

Got this one today, havent used it too much, mainly because i left the charger at work but ill have a more in depth play with it a bit later tonight.

chesiu

Aug 13, 2010
superb.
Tell me how long battery works, is the screen truly multitouch and how is responding, how fast is it and write some overall feelings. What do You like/dislike in it.

david38002

Aug 10, 2010
I got my Haipad on Tuesday.
First off they really hype the hdmi output, but it isn't there.
There are settings for it in the setup but there is no port on the unit.
The charger that came with mine does not put out any thing. This is a real problem as the unit will not charge from the usb port, but it will run if you plug into a computer thru the usb port. Still no charge is no good. I have emailed the supplier in China about this but have recived no answer.........Beware it's a long way to China if you have a problem.
Another thing is that the Utube Videos only play the sound. There is no video.
On the positive side. The unit is very responsive, a long way ahead of my G1 Phone.
The Market app works as described, no problem there. If I can fins a charger to match up with it I'll write some more.

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Update on the Herotab.

First off, I forgot to mention Herotab has glass screen and metal body unlike the other Apads which are plastic screen and plastic body.

Herotab also has HDMI out.

New release now has G-Sensor and and two point touch

All specs here
Herotab 800Mhz Android 2.1 1080P HDMI/USB Gsensor 2 point touch +free case

Android Market works fine - another user just installed and read a Kindle book

I have ordered one and will report back once I get it

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
Update on the Herotab.

First off, I forgot to mention Herotab has glass screen and metal body unlike the other Apads which are plastic screen and plastic body.

Herotab also has HDMI out.

New release now has G-Sensor and and two point touch

All specs here
Herotab 800Mhz Android 2.1 1080P HDMI/USB Gsensor 2 point touch +free case

Android Market works fine - another user just installed and read a Kindle book

I have ordered one and will report back once I get it

Looks promising ....let us know how is works!! total cost puts it up to $209 - $229 when shipping is factored in. . not too bad.
Thanks for the link.....

Last edited:

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010
I got my Haipad on Tuesday.
First off they really hype the hdmi output, but it isn't there.
There are settings for it in the setup but there is no port on the unit.
The charger that came with mine does not put out any thing. This is a real problem as the unit will not charge from the usb port, but it will run if you plug into a computer thru the usb port. Still no charge is no good. I have emailed the supplier in China about this but have recived no answer.........Beware it's a long way to China if you have a problem.
Another thing is that the Utube Videos only play the sound. There is no video.
On the positive side. The unit is very responsive, a long way ahead of my G1 Phone.
The Market app works as described, no problem there. If I can fins a charger to match up with it I'll write some more.

Not sure if this is your problem but if you were looking at HDMi setting you may have set it to use HDMI output and thats why you get a blank screen for video. I had this on my true Telechip Android 2.1 with HDMI port tablet and it was because I should have put the Output select setting to none rather than HDMI or Composite which was hiden further up the screen scroll area.

Tell me something do you have problems with knocking the small power on/off button on the side which causes Apad to go off unexpectively? I had that issue on the rcokchip model.

david38002

Aug 10, 2010
Not sure if this is your problem but if you were looking at HDMi setting you may have set it to use HDMI output and thats why you get a blank screen for video. I had this on my true Telechip Android 2.1 with HDMI port tablet and it was because I should have put the Output select setting to none rather than HDMI or Composite which was hiden further up the screen scroll area.

Tell me something do you have problems with knocking the small power on/off button on the side which causes Apad to go off unexpectively? I had that issue on the rcokchip model.

Hey thanks a lot. That solved the U tube problem. As yet I haven't experienced the shut down problem, but that may be due to the usb connection I am using to power the unit.
I still haven't heard from the company I made the purchase from "WiiPad.us" or "Wiipad Technonogy International Limited" I am concerned about this as I paid thru paypal and may have a hard time getting any resolution to the problem if they never respond. I'll give them another day and see what happens.

david38002

Aug 10, 2010
Hey thanks a lot. That solved the U tube problem. As yet I haven't experienced the shut down problem, but that may be due to the usb connection I am using to power the unit.
I still haven't heard from the company I made the purchase from "WiiPad.us" or "Wiipad Technonogy International Limited" I am concerned about this as I paid thru paypal and may have a hard time getting any resolution to the problem if they never respond. I'll give them another day and see what happens.

Another day has passed and:

Just to let you know not all suppliers are good to their word. I purchased the HaiPad MID701 from "WiiPad.us" also called "Wiipad Technonogy International Limited" This company led me on for weeks with the shipping and delivery. When I received the product the charger was no good. I have messaged them on three different occasions and have received NO response. Well with no charger the unit is totally useless. It is obvious that they are not going to stand behind the product they sell. Buyer beware, It's a long way to China.