[APK] Market app for Android

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I didn't have to do any searching. I ran this apk and it ALL worked.. from the 2nd time I ran it. Now I can see all free AND paid apps.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I didn't have to do any searching. I ran this apk and it ALL worked.. from the 2nd time I ran it. Now I can see all free AND paid apps.

I was referring to the post. I had posted the same app the day or so before. Be sure to uncheck send me email in the settings area....

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I already had a Gmail account. could that be necessary for this APK to work?

odaran

Jul 25, 2011
Just installed the above apk and it is NOT the Google Marketplace. In the OP's defense, they never said it was. When I searched for Google Voice, it was not found. When I searched for Google in general, no Google Inc. apps are found. The icon for the app is similar to the Google MP but slightly different. Also the app has a completly different layout than Google MP. The only reason I am posting this is because the app is requiring you to log into your google account (via the account authenticator) I worry that this could be an attempt at stealing google account passwords. I do not know if the OP was aware that this was not the Google MP app or not. I have the SYNET7LP running DG2.2 and a Mytouch 3G smart phone that allowed me to compare the marketplaces.

Edit: As a precaution, I changed my Gmail password.

Last edited:

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I don't know about that odaran. I found Google apps like voice/etc. Also the app knows which apps I have loaded from the Market because I went into My Apps and only those apps downloaded from the Market show. Also I originally had received Thumb Keyboard from a friend and I was not able to update it using the Market App on my tablet. I went ahead and bought the app using my phone (official market app) and I was then able to use the Market app on my tablet to update the Thumb Keyboard app. How would an unofficial market app know that I now have paid for the app using my cell phone (official market app) to unlock the update function. This tells me that it is indeed an official (albiet a pre-release version) market app.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I don't know about that odaran. I found Google apps like voice/etc. Also the app knows which apps I have loaded from the Market because I went into My Apps and only those apps downloaded from the Market show. Also I originally had received Thumb Keyboard from a friend and I was not able to update it using the Market App on my tablet. I went ahead and bought the app using my phone (official market app) and I was then able to use the Market app on my tablet to update the Thumb Keyboard app. How would an unofficial market app know that I now have paid for the app using my cell phone (official market app) to unlock the update function. This tells me that it is indeed an official (albiet a pre-release version) market app.

Sends you information thru a third party server and no peer to peer, so to speak.... Like IM Plus or Trillian does on chat clients, but with access to your credit card info...