[APK] QuickSettings App Mod with Call Button Short/Long Press Activation

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is a simple mod of the Quick Settings app by Sergej Shafarenka so it can now be launched via either a shortpress or a longpress of the Call Button.

This means on-the-fly settings changes (brightness, wifi toggles in particular) even when you are in the middle of another app.

To install, uninstall any old versions of the Quick Settings app, and install the APK file after extracting it from the ZIP.
If you are doing this from a tablet, make sure EStrong's File Explorer is installed, and download the attachment. Then open the download folder (/sdcard/tapatalkat_download/), and longpress to choose 'Extract to'. You can then install the extracted APK file directly.

To setup the application itself and the toggles available, remember to press 'Menu' so you can customize the toggles available and rearrange as you need. Dialogue mode is a nice touch.

UMASO.png

This is one of my favorite Android apps of all time. The main disadvantage of not having a dedicated search button meant that I had to shelve this in my notification bar, which was far than ideal for me. Now you can modify settings on the fly without having to switch apps (unless you are in the phone dialer app, because the call button will make phonecalls instead).

This modified app will override the shortpress and/or longpress of the call button.

Since I make phonecalls with my S7, I use short-press to DialerOne, and long-press for QuickSettings. (if you set DialerOne default after installing QuickSettings and want to revert, you might have to reinstall DialerOne AND QuickSettings).

I only added 2 lines to AndroidManifest.xml using APKManager and a text editor, recompiled that to be dropped into the apk, and resigned it. The app is otherwise the unmodified 1.9.2p2 found in Android Market.

APK MD5: 3CF9B39111F1605372F187464449A344

Good night!

Uploaded Feb 15, 2011

Code:
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEARCH_LONG_PRESS" />
				<action android:name="android.intent.action.CALL_BUTTON" />
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.VOICE_COMMAND" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
            </intent-filter>

Attachments

• $com.bwx.bequick1.9.8p2_callactivate_testsigned.apk.zip
    240.3 KB · Views: 485

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
it's a usefull tool, one application to switch on/off most important Android settings :D

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This app is easily my most used app outside of my Launcher, because I toggle things like wifi, brightness, airplane mode, bluetooth, and screen orientation on a regular basis.