APN details won`t save

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
I enter the apn details then try to save but it won`t save at all.
Can someone make some suggestions please?
Regards to all

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi. Try installing a app called APN backup and restore. Then back up your current APN settings.
Are you trying to change the APNs on a cell phone? If so and it a android let me know. I will pm a link to you to instructions to change the APNs and get it the first time. The directions I speak of work first time 99% of the time. There are some android phones that are so heavily modified that they don't work for some reason but I have used these directions many times to straight talk AT&T android phones, did it two days ago in fact to ST a friends phone, now he pays 48.00 with tax for unlimited service where he was paying 100.00 a month for 600 min, no text and two gigs of data. Now he gets unlimited talk, text and aprox 2 gigs of data.

Last edited:

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you for your imput. The internet connection to my tablet is down at the moment but I will try you suggestion and get back as soon as it`s running again.
Thanks again,
Wineprovider

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Does your tablet have a data connection through a cell provider? I have never tried changing the APNs on a cell connected tablet.
Please be sure to let us know if this works.

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
Does your tablet have a data connection through a cell provider? I have never tried changing the APNs on a cell connected tablet.
Please be sure to let us know if this works.

I have given up on trying to save APNs..........I will use the Hotspot on my phone.
I`ve downloaded the apps,APN manager and APN restore but can`t get them to help.
I`m 66 and disabled and I`ll just get by with the phone.
Bit disappointing because I like rising to these challenges.
Thanks to everyone that tried to help.
Take care

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I asked about the tablet being cell capable because if the tablet is not cell capable you can not add apns and add it to a cell plan.

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
I don`t know if it`s cell capable. I`m in the UK and my intentions are to use it solely for internet use.I have a mobile phone which I use for a hotspot to connect from time to time.
I will say that I did connect through the dongle once........so.......something must have gone right at some time but got corrupted. I suppose I could reset and try again but to be truthful I`ve had enough of it.
Thanks for you input.
Take care all.

Aug 8, 2012
hi, sir/ma'am, have you used your dongle at your computer or laptop?because there you can copy the format for apn and all other data to input when you connect to the tablet. ths is what i did i just followed everything from my dongle dashboard and i got connection. and also check if your dongle is compatible with the tablet, mine is huawei e1552 (located here in the philippines). hope i could help you :)