APP-> Button Savior

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet Apps and Games' started by pbrauer, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    I am not recommending one or the other, but thought I would share this. For any of you that are like me and find themselves occasionally frustrated by the lack of backlight for our tablet buttons, but also lacking either the skill or desire to crack the case open and install LEDs to have them light up there is a solution.

There are two apps, Soft Keys and Button Savior that give you the ability to have some "virtual" buttons appear on your screen that provide the same basic functions for when you find yourself in the dark and unable to see the actual buttons. I personally have been using Button Savior, and after some fiddling to get used to it and it set up as i like find it to be VERY helpful.

Cheers,
    p

2. PaTwRiK

PaTwRiK Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic G-Tablet
    Been using Button Savior for sometime now. As PBauer said, it is quite helpful at night when you don't exactly know where the keys are located. Give it a try...

3. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Member

Are you guys running the stock software? If you are rooted both vegan and tnt lite have soft buttons built into the top bar

4. PaTwRiK

PaTwRiK Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic G-Tablet
    Rooted with vegan and I do know the soft buttons located on the top notification bar...but what if you are in a program that is full screen?

Button savior allows access to the buttons. In addition, when using the tablet in landscape, button savior is ergonomically easier to use...

5. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Right, but as Patwrik points out this doesn't work in full screen mode, and I like being able to better control it. Thumb control when in landscape is a plus, and transparency is another for me. Finally, the screen sleep button is the best...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.