App company name change

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by weezyrider, Aug 29, 2012.

  1. weezyrider

    weezyrider Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    180
    Location:
    Colorado Springs
    Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    Could a company name change cause a paid app to refuse to work on a second device? I have several from one company, and they all informed me that the apps on the Acer A500(ICS) needed to be paid for. I had bought all last year, Google has them listed as paid. There have been no updates from this company recently. I update manually so I can keep track. I also have the apps on a rooted Nexus S running CM9. No problem there.

    I have quite a few apps I bought, and it was only this one company that had a problem. All the others opened on both phone and tablet.

    I couldn't even delete and redownload - I had to do a factory reset. I did ask the company, and policy had not changed. They were running just fine on tablet again as of last night. Will have to check tonight.
     
  2. leeshor

    leeshor Senior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2011
    Messages:
    6,331
    Likes Received:
    1,037
    Trophy Points:
    700
    Location:
    Norcross, GA
    Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I have 2 or 3 apps that changed names and never experienced that. Recently installed them on a new device, no problem. The only thing I can think of that would cause that problem would be using different Google credentials. It isn't a Google policy to prevent those from being installed.
     
  3. weezyrider

    weezyrider Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    180
    Location:
    Colorado Springs
    Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    Google probably does. The app was on the tablet, has been on the tablet since I bought the tablet in May and it has been running well. Google has the app as purchased.
    After a reset, the app downloaded and installed with no problem. Some update or something must have messed with the key for those apps. It only affected Green Mountain Digital. Didn't affect Sky Safari plus, ibird, CO wildflowers, Mobile Observatory, et al. all paid apps.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

how to change company name on android