App Not Compatible With Device

Erving

Jun 17, 2016
I have Nextbook running 4.1.1 that I have had both a Zinio and Nikon Wu-1b app working until I did a reset. Now when I tried to reinstall the apps I get the same message (not comparable with this device) yet both worked before. I tried to install both on a RCA 7" tablet running version 5 it had the same problem.
Any one have any suggestions?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
In the case of the Nikon app, if you don't have NFC in your tablet, the app may show up as not compatible with your device. Zinio had an update back in May, and may no longer support your configuration. The best thing to do is head to apkmirror.com, search for both apps, and download copies from there. Head into settings and make sure "Install from unknown sources" is enabled, and install both apps. They quite likely will install, though the Nikon app may not function correctly.

Erving

Jun 17, 2016
In the case of the Nikon app, if you don't have NFC in your tablet, the app may show up as not compatible with your device. Zinio had an update back in May, and may no longer support your configuration. The best thing to do is head to apkmirror.com, search for both apps, and download copies from there. Head into settings and make sure "Install from unknown sources" is enabled, and install both apps. They quite likely will install, though the Nikon app may not function correctly.
How do I do a search for an app in apkmirror.net

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
*arches eyebrow*...

There's a big search box right on the front page.

Erving

Jun 17, 2016
Thanks I didn't see it. Nether of the apps I need are on the site.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then you're going to have to search Google and see if you can find them. Either that or get a hold of the app authors and ask them for help.

The same two apps shouldn't be failing on two different tablets. So either both tablets have an issue and can't use those apps, or the apps themselves are the problem.

Erving

Jun 17, 2016
Next month the library is having a Zinio person coming in so I'm going to wait and see if they can get Zinio app to work and if so it should get the nikon app to work. Both of these worked before.

Thanks for all the help

Erving

Jun 17, 2016
I have Nextbook running 4.1.1 that I have had both a Zinio and Nikon Wu-1b app working until I did a reset. Now when I tried to reinstall the apps I get the same message (not comparable with this device) yet both worked before. I tried to install both on a RCA 7" tablet running version 5 it had the same problem.
Any one have any suggestions?
Found that the apps were updated and 4.1.1 would not work.