App Storage Problem

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
Hello Androiders!

I don't know if some of you guys have this problem sometimes When Downloading a game or app That Takes Up A Lot of space, but sometimes I will download a game that takes up big Space (About 2-3 GB) and it will stop halfway through The download and give a "Insufficient Storage Error". When i go to continue the download, I get the same error,but the game is halfway download,but I can'T continue the download. Do I delete the games actual Data files and restart the download?

Thanks in Advance!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use the app DiskUsage to analyze my storage space.

Also, I believe the Acer tablets have a GPS issue where it uses space over time. If you are rooted you can free the space, if you are not rooted you need to backup your apps and files and do a factory reset to get the space back.

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
I use the app DiskUsage to analyze my storage space.

Also, I believe the Acer tablets have a GPS issue where it uses space over time. If you are rooted you can free the space, if you are not rooted you need to backup your apps and files and do a factory reset to get the space back.

I am rooted actually. What do you use to free space?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I would use the DiskUsage app and see if you do have this issue, or you can use a root file explorer (I use ES File Explorer and set it to mount the / as R/W). Look to see how large the /data/gps/ folder is. If it is large (more than a few hundred megs) then delete all the files in this folder. It will not hurt anything to do so, they are just offline cache files and such.

See this thread from our dedicated Acer tablet sister forum: Low Memory